New Audio Technix 60 mil Sound Deadener in stock! Pictures inside!

Participant count
  • Participant list

cthedinger
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
We now have the new version of 60 mil in stock and it is now shipping. The main difference between the new version and the old version is the wax paper. The old version on some rolls would have issues with the wax paper coming off when the deadener was hotter than 90 degrees. The new version's wax paper comes off a lot easier. It still comes off like a champ when the deadener is 135+ degrees. By switching from the brown wax paper to a white film it got rid of most of the wrinkles in the aluminum. It also made the adhesive more consistent in size.

Here are some pictures of the new version compared to the old version, the new version is on white film and the old version is on brown wax paper.

2011-06-14170417-1.jpg

2011-06-14170252-1.jpg

2011-06-14170651-1.jpg

The new 60 mil is $58.99 + shipping for 25 sq ft ($2.35 a sq ft + shipping) and can be purchased at AudioTechnix.Com

Looks good man..I will need some very soon for the demo truck and the integra.
Just let me know when you are ready to order and I will help you out.

Is that on the 80 mil too?
Yes this same paper is on the 80. We liked they way that 80 mil came out on the film so much we changed the 60 mil to match.

Looks much better!
Yes it does. This has been shipping since June and everyone who has bought it seems to like it (haven't heard any bad feedback on it).

the white film is a dream to work with. ive been laying it down in my tib and couldnt be happier.
once its done and back together ill be proudly boasting the AT decals on my quarter glass.
I am glad you like it! Thanks for giving us a try!

Awesome, won't weight the car down too awfully much.
Yes sir. The 80 mil is roughly 15 pounds a roll.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cthedinger

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cthedinger
Inglewood, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date