New audi!

EarDrummin.
10+ year member

Is this my Brahma?
Wanaque, NJ
Sup, I just bought an Audi A6... I've never done an install on this kind of car before. I messed around with my geo a lot because it's a piece of sh|t. This thing has all leather interior... all I can say is, it's beautiful. My question is, has anyone worked on these kinds of cars(nice) before? I'm not an experienced installer, but I'm pretty good. I just don't want to mess anything up. Should I hire someone to throw my system in, or should I go for the glory?

Yep, I think I'm gonna go for it. What a sweet freakin ride tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what year audi? my bro has an 98 A4 2.8 Quattro, that thing is so beautiful. Has the german racing suspension, full options, everything. I did some installs in it and others so if i can answer anything, I'll try to help. Peace:cool: .

It's a 95 quattro.. pearl paint, power seats, heated seats, sunroof, 2.8 liter, climate control.. blah blah blah. Thing's a step up from a geo for sure. As far as help, I'm sure I will need it... here's my first question. Do you know where the battery is? :p (I'm serious)

the only place i can think of (besides under the hood somewhere) is in the trunk underneath the flap that hold your spare. The only reason i'm saying this is cuz in my dad's s80 (volvo), the battery is in the trunk. It took a while for the installers to find it when he had xm put in...not sure what they needed to know where to battery was though...don't think there's anything hooked up to it. Maybe the reciever...whatever, i don't care lol. Anyways, maybe the trunk for your audi. By the way, bad ass car man.

Heh heh.. I was looking all over for it, and got pretty desperate to find it for some reason. I looked by the spare tire, wasn't there. Searched high and low, and finally found it under the backseat.. which is absolutely perfect. I don't have to mess with the firewall to get my power wires to the trunk for my subs. I'm a happy camper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my boss has a 98 A6 as well... he put 18" wheels, eibach springs, limo tint on it, and it just looks MEAN. He's got 2 Xtant 12", Sony C90 deck, Diamond audio components x 4, sony DSP, Sony XM tuner, Sony MD changer... it is badass... but those things are *****ES to install on... so many frickin wires. Watch out, your wiring harness and fuse box will scare you. He also put an entire 2 door dynamat kit inside his trunk lid, then tons of dynamat all over the trunk. He's running the whole system off of two rockford Power amps from a few years back. It's probably the best sound imaging setup in my area. Those cars look PIMP. Nice car man, install wisely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.