new amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

brian
10+ year member

i am thinking about buying a new amp. it is the sony xm-3001sxd. the stats for it are below. i can get it at abc warehouse for $200. is the amp any good? is that an ok place to buy stuff. someone told me that all of the stuff at abc warehouse is reconditioned or bad. is that true.

1000W Max Power (1000W x1 @2O )

D-class Amp

Digital Bass and Treble

21-band Digital Equalizer

300W x1 into 4O , 5-200kHz, at 0.04% THD

600W x1 into 2O , 5-200kHz, at 0.01% THD

1000W x1 into 1O , 5-200Hz, at 0.01% THD

Class D Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)

Low Impedance Drive into 1 ohm

Variable 50-200Hz Lo-Pass Filter

40Hz Low Boost (0-10dB)

MOSFET Power Supply and Outputs

Line-level and Speaker Level Inputs

Gold Plated Recessed Connectors

dont but that crap, you can get better amps than that. try looking for rms vaule not max power. and look for good dampping factors at low ohms. and by the way what are you tring to push with that amp?

this is brian, i am just not logged in. i want to use that amp for 2 12in. kenwood "tornados" form circuit city. they will be in seperate sealed truck boxes. what is wrong with sony? i can't afford much else.

if it is the mobile es series sony, nothing is wrong with it. i have a sony amp (see signature below) and it actually tested(bench) to what it is rated at. as far as where you are buying it, i dunno.

in the end, sony is not the best, yet it is FAR from the worst. name brand is mostly your own opinion, if you like it.....buy it!

I read a review of the sony 1000watt classD, and it rated pretty good, it matched all of its claimed power figures and didn't do anything undesirable during the testing proccesses. Alot of people don't like sony, including me, for the basic reason of "unreliability" alot of sony owners have had problems with their equipment.But, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the 1000watt model, and I personnally have had no experience with that amp, so I say go for it, but stay away from that 760watt amp sony makes, I know for a fact that amp is a pain in the ass.

mine is a 760 watt model?!?! anyway, they have at least 2 of the 760's the es and non es. the non es *****(i hear) , BUT the es is a good amp!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.