New Alpine typer-R not working

Hustler00
10+ year member

Just got another SWR-1223d and when i got it it was working perfectly fine on the first day. on the second day, i was coming home from school and it just stopped. i check all the wires to see if any were loose but came up with nothing. The amp is on so it can't be that. And it cant be blown because it doesn't make any scratching noises whenever i push on it. I tried using different channels on the amp to see if that would work but sadly it didnt. Any Suggestions?

oh btw, the only problem that i know of is that my battery would turn off randomly and turn back on, that may have caused damage but i don't think it would be severe enough to where it would stop working all together.

Make sure your grounds are actually tight and secure, not barely hanging on with enough force for it to easily be knocked off. Check RCA's also.

could be the head unit brodie

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

take the subwoofer speaker wires and touch a AA battery to the positive and negative. If the sub pops in or out, the coils aren't blown. If you have a DMM, you can just use that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.