New 6.5 compontents

XDrkmanX
10+ year member

Time to Duel B*tches
I'm looking for a set of new 6.5 components.

I currently have Infinity Kappa Perfects but desire more mid-bass.

What will match (or beat) the highs and kick the #$%* out of the Infinitys mid-bass.

I currently have a Rockford Power series 400.4 powering them.

All of the speakers people have mentioned are great choices. I don't get it though, I used to own the boston 6.5-2's a couple years ago (they've been replaced by the 6.5-3's which are awesome), but I've never heard anything with as much midbass as those Infinity Perfect's. But so far in my life I've never heard so much of a real sounding speaker as Boston's new Z series..............."Holy ****!!!" They're amazing! But, they're $1000 dollars a pair.

Your infinity's, like I said though, have more midbass than I've ever heard......Could they be underpowered?

if he's running that 400.4 to the kappa's he's running them **** near the max they can handle. yes the Q series will give you great midbass my canton 5 1/4" are identical in the midbass speaker to the qsd mb quart speaker's. now as far as the tweet goes i hate the tweet on the mb's that is why i didn't get them way to bright for my taste. especially when i plan on running 75watts or more rms per tweeter with my canton's. i'd go with mb's if you can shell out the cash and handle bright highs.

adam

Yeah, I´ve also heard many things about those boston Z, they are supossed to be the best speaker ever made, Hope I have the chance to hear them soon, and for the $1000 price tag, I prefer to wait till someone puts them in ebay, so I can buy them cheap:D

Yeah, I´ve also heard many things about those boston Z, they are supossed to be the best speaker ever made, Hope I have the chance to hear them soon, and for the $1000 price tag, I prefer to wait till someone puts them in ebay, so I can buy them cheap:D

Rockford gives their amplifiers their names based on a 2 ohm load. So on a 2 ohm load the 400.4 will do 100 watts per channel or do you have it bridged?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XDrkmanX

10+ year member
Time to Duel B*tches
XDrkmanX
Plainfield, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date