New 21 in town (with pics)

Participant count
  • Participant list

T3mpest
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Illinois
Not too many 21's floating around nowadays so I figured I'd make a thread, especially since nobody to the best of my knowledge has used this subwoofer in a car before.. It's a B&C21sw152-4. Very strong neo motor, 6" split wound coil, 15mm of xmax (1way), 30mmxmech (1-way) and aluminum demodulating rings. Plays up to 500hz very cleanly so it could be used as a midbass/lower midrange if you chose to do so (96db/1w/1m). Should be a great SQL woofer in the truest sense of the word. Anyway here are some pics, the pole vent is silly huge.. I can set a coke can in the hole and it fits perfectly.. Plan on using it in a 6th order series tuned bandpass, just need to find a good builder for the design.

8 pro audio midbass on left, AV15h middle, B&C21 right

W2IOG.jpg

B&C dustcap same size as 8 (literally)

lIw4M.jpg

15 and 21 upside down.

xvhhl.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.