Negolien's HD

Participant count
  • Participant list

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
Negolien ask for a heavy duty simple enclosure double baffle, Double circle braces tied into a window brace. 6 point bracing side to side , floor to roof and front to back. No real choices with the volume max it out with the available specs given 3.52ft^3 gross inside , 3.24ft^3 net

Yup sealed should work good for me. I listen to mostly rock and stuff like Linkin Park, Chevelle, Imagine Dragons, Ben Howard. I didn't want to risk a ported that was too big for the trunk or to small for the subs so I went sealed. Running a 2nd battery 2 amps and the box in the trunk of a 2001 Olds Alero so might be tight lol. I'll try and post some build pics as it's installed in a new thread in the forum.

Awesome vendor here super fast, super friendly, super helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

I ran nothing but ported and only listen to metal. One of your subs ported would have been as good as 2 sealed even on a bit less power. Possibly much better with no phasing issues and not as much rise.

Ah yet another reminder of why I put u on ignore lol. I really doubt one would have been as loud as two on 2200 rms but thanks for playing. Not to mention I already had the two.

The weak spot left on this enclosure is the terminal cup. All this bracing trapping the subs energy to let it escape through the plastic 1/8 wall of the terminal cup. Included is a removable inner wall that covers the terminal. Pass the sub wires through a hole to wire the terminal cup a small .5 hole has a much smaller footprint than the 4x3 terminal cup. The 6x12 wall displaces another .063 ft^3

LOL too awesome thanks for lookin out for me bud. I' am more than happy with everything thanks again. Always some trade off with installs unless you have an SUV and a million bucks which I don't. This should suit me fine and be more than loud enough for me. Not everything's about being ghetto loud and I surely wasn't looking for that though this should get plenty loud with those 12's and 2200 watts. Interested to see how good the SQ is with this set up. My installer was quite impressed and is looking forward to getting his grubby hands on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

Yeah remember what the Tantric engineers remarked "our sub cant be modeled" Im certain it will preform lower than predicted. Its very similar to the pow enclosure and he was very happy with performance of that enclosure.

Yup appreciate the input fellas. Trying to decide whether to get wire for the subs and box from Knukonceptz or let him use whatever he uses. Not quite sure how much footage to get for two dual 4's wired to 1 ohm and the amp is only going to be a max of 2 feet away. Thinking of getting 15 feet of Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire . Should be enough should fit both the subs and the terminals.

I don't think I have seen anyone post on how good Cherry packs his boxes so here ya go. I got mine today via fed ex. As usual they beat the hell out of it :

[/QUOT

How much was the shipping on that beast ? I live in central calif and been thinking of having something built and his work looks awesome.

I know it **** their rough on packages, it looks like a shark attack!! 1/8th inch fiberboard is meant to protect and spread the load out evenly through the 1 inch sheet foam. My crates cost me about 20.00 to make per package hidden costs no one ever accounts for. Thanks for sharing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
CheЯRyMan
Jackson TN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from