Participant count
  • Participant list

MROOD

CarAudio.com Newbie
London
Hi

I have a JL Audio RD900/5

Connected my CP212 W0v3 twin subs and i get plenty of power

As its a 5 channel amp I have another 4 other channels, I connected a pair of Hertz MP 165p 6.5" inch speakers in bridge mode to the remaining 4 channels

(got the 6.5s installed on a small enclosure designed for 6.5" speakers)

I also connected the Hertz crossover device from the amp to the speakers

My question is that I want the 6.5" to only issue high sounds, no bass no mid bass ect, just the high sounds, the one below the tweeter sound

When I increase the volume to high levels the 6.5s starts to struggle on the mid bass,

When I adjust the hz on the amp it doesn't affect the sound on the 6.5s, no change

Is that the cross over working to stop certain sound range?

All i want the speakers to output is the sound range 500hz and 1k 2k 4k and 8k sounds (got from my EQ on my PC)

Do I get rid of the cross overs?

My target is to get the 6.5s to only issue the high end sounds, no bass no mid bass

Anyway to get around this, I have the subs doing the bass

I just want the 6.5s to play sound where no bass or mid bass is issued

Any thoughts?

You will need them to play down To where your sub is crossed at, or you’ll miss a lot of tones in the midbass range. Your sub won’t like playing too far above 100 hz

high pass filter for the speaker channels go up to 80hz to 120hz. OR if you head unit has high pass, turn it on.. Subs channel should have low pass around the same as your mid's high pass.

thanks im kind of new to this

I have connected the passive crossover unit that came with the speakers to the amp, will this interfere with the tuning from the amp?

Im using a factory head unit, I tapped into my door speakers with a LOC, line out converter, to RCA and into the amp for the signal

on the amp i have a HP Filter Freq HZ with the numbers 50 60 80 120 200 500

what do i need to turn the knob to, only to get high sounds and no mid bass

also shall i disconnect the passive cross over? thanks yoou

thanks im kind of new to this

I have connected the passive crossover unit that came with the speakers to the amp, will this interfere with the tuning from the amp?

Im using a factory head unit, I tapped into my door speakers with a LOC, line out converter, to RCA and into the amp for the signal

on the amp i have a HP Filter Freq HZ with the numbers 50 60 80 120 200 500

what do i need to turn the knob to, only to get high sounds and no mid bass

also shall i disconnect the passive cross over? thanks yoou
keep the passive crossover raise the high pass until it protects you where you need. You definitely want a head unit or a DSP(google this if you dont know what it is) to give you actual audio tuning options because without any audio tuning options your whole system wont amount to much.

keep the passive crossover raise the high pass until it protects you where you need. You definitely want a head unit or a DSP(google this if you dont know what it is) to give you actual audio tuning options because without any audio tuning options your whole system wont amount to much.
i see

i thought having the 6.5" connected dorectly to the amp i would be able to set it to vocals only, reserving the subs for the low end

i think my connected passive crossovers that came with the speakers are stopping me using the Hz dial on the RD900/5 amp, if i turn it to 50hz and 500hz i dont get a sound change, ill remove the passive crossover, hopefully the active Hz know will work, ill report back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.