Need to replace DLS Gothia 6.5 MidBass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rodge
10+ year member

Unfortunately one of the leads has managed to work its way off of where it's connected to the speaker. I'm not able to fix it myself and wanted to look into replacing the 6.5 mid bass speakers only.

Are there any speakers in the 300$ range that would be comparable? Again this would be JUST the 6.5s, not the whole 3 way set. I emailed DLS and was quoted at 60% of the entire set just to buy another pair of 6.5s. That's insane considering I paid that amount for the entire set thanks to an ordering error from the now defunct Elemental Designs.

These would be mounted in the doors and run passively.

Check eBay. They pop up time to time. Besides that, look at parts express and madisounds. Mids on a passive crossover are not as bad as matching a random tweeter.

Scanspeak rev should fall into that price range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.