Need some help with my enclosure for my DD subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Noc Thunder

Howdy folks!! As you may or may not know, I am in the middle of building my system and we have got to the box. I have 2 DD supercharged 9510H 10" subwoofers with the evolution subwoofer package. I have a DD M4b amplifier that supplies 5,000 watts at 14 volts. The box will be made out of 1" thick 17 ply baltic birch wood. I listen to metal music 90% of the time (stuff like Metallica, Symphony X, Opeth and Nile) and the other 10% is R&B and bass music (like bass mekanik). My car audio shop is recommending a 4.0 cubic foot ported box tuned to 45 Hz. The DD website says a 3.0 cubic foot box tuned from 35 Hz to 40 Hz.

What size do you think my box should be and what tuning do you think is more appropriate?

Thanks for all the responses, and for my previous question...I have decided to go with the Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia L8 SE midbass for my doors.

20160223_164505.jpg'%20alt='20160223_164505.jpg'>

Sure, once it's finished I would be more than happy to demo them to you and Jeff. I'll be leaving my car at the shop for a week so that they can take their time and do a great job.
Sounds good. Also, May 1st at Stubhub center in Carson, USACI and MECA show if you're interested.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

try not to drool at cscstang's bandwidth. His **** hits upper metal notes easily with a hard punch along with 19hz low lows.
I have to admit, I've never heard of SoundQubed subs but what I have read they seem really cool, especially for the price. As far as a 8" sub hitting 19 hz, **** not only is that one hell of a woofer but that is one hell of a box he must have them in! Metallica's ...And Justice for All album must really kick *** in his vehicle because those kick drums punch and hit like a prime Mike Tyson!!

Sounds good. Also, May 1st at Stubhub center in Carson, USACI and MECA show if you're interested.
Yeah I'm interested...I definitely like to see what people are using in competition. On your mustang and the SoundQubed subs, is your box tuned to 44 Hz?? How can you hit low notes if your tuned to 44 Hz? I thought the volume goes down of bass notes as you go lower than your box tuning?

I have to admit, I've never heard of SoundQubed subs but what I have read they seem really cool, especially for the price. As far as a 8" sub hitting 19 hz, **** not only is that one hell of a woofer but that is one hell of a box he must have them in! Metallica's ...And Justice for All album must really kick *** in his vehicle because those kick drums punch and hit like a prime Mike Tyson!!
thats his sound quality car. His truck with two 15s in a T line is the bass monster.

Yeah I'm interested...I definitely like to see what people are using in competition. On your mustang and the SoundQubed subs, is your box tuned to 44 Hz?? How can you hit low notes if your tuned to 44 Hz? I thought the volume goes down of bass notes as you go lower than your box tuning?
Plays to low 30's (tline), but I'm a metal head and the stang is my daily sq ride so I tuned that box accordingly.

So I called DD and talked to Lou and figured everything out. The box will be net 4.0 cubic feet with a tuning of 37 Hz. The rear will be plexiglass with LED lighting and there will be beauty plates in the front and back. The spare tire is gone forever (I have AAA anyways)!! More to follow on Saturday.

20160428_175023.jpg

20160428_184148.jpg

20160428_175006.jpg

20160428_174944.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.