Need opinions on new set up for a mid size SUV

ttn333

OC, CA
Hello everyone!

I'd like to get this done as soon as I can figure out what I want.

I was advised by a local shop to go with a complete JL audio system

in my budget. Which is to say a set of C2 650 comp, 2 sets of C2 650 coax

and powered by xd600/6 amp.

Before I take the plunge, I'm looking for opinion for something at the comparable price range that may be better, according to your opinions. Thanks for the help.

Wasn't bad I thought, about $1k including installation. Looking forward to yall's suggestions.
I really think you can do a lot better for the price to be honest. For around the same price on the components (at least online ~$180, I'm sure the shops charging more) you can get something better sounding. Image Dynamics CTX65cs', a bunch of different CDT's, ARC KS6006, Hertz DSK165, etc. Check out the components on WoofersETC: 6.5"

You can usually find great prices online, they don't mark them up as much as shops do.

Just price checking the stuff on eBay, assuming you're getting wiring and all installation for that price it isn't bad at all.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time with entry level JL though. If they have them in the shop and you like the sound of them, go for it.

My goal is simply to have a good sounding system without breaking the bank and i want to have it done once. Im also having them sound deaden the car. I listen to mostly jazz, vocal and acoustics. Can you guys give me some specific models to look at?

My goal is simply to have a good sounding system without breaking the bank and i want to have it done once. Im also having them sound deaden the car. I listen to mostly jazz, vocal and acoustics. Can you guys give me some specific models to look at?
Image Dynamics CTX65cs

but if you've heard the JL's and like them. I'd say go with what u know.

Image Dynamics CTX65cs
but if you've heard the JL's and like them. I'd say go with what u know.
Any concerns about ID going out of business? Quality control issues? From the descriptions of the JL, it may not be for me. I like a smooth sound. My home speakers are Totem Mani-2 and I like my Sennheiser hd650 headphones, if that help. How about comparable models in the Focal and Hertz brands? Those are the lines they carry and I'd like to stick with these guys as I trust them. They did some work for me and I'm happy with the result. Thanks for all the help thus far.

Any concerns about ID going out of business? Quality control issues? From the descriptions of the JL, it may not be for me. I like a smooth sound. My home speakers are Totem Mani-2 and I like my Sennheiser hd650 headphones, if that help. How about comparable models in the Focal and Hertz brands? Those are the lines they carry and I'd like to stick with these guys as I trust them. They did some work for me and I'm happy with the result. Thanks for all the help thus far.
No QC issues that I know of. Still solid products.

I dont like lower line Focal or Hertz so Id vote JL but its best u listen to them all. The JLs have a VERY smooth laidback sound. Too laidback for some. I like them myself. The mid is extra smooth amd the tweets afaik are crossed fairly high and attenuated more than most sets ive heard....which attributes to the really smooth laidback sound. If u want a brighter sound, Focal all the way. So i guess u could say the Hertz are right in the middle in relation to smooth vs bright.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.