Need Help w/Enclosure design/placement and amp mounting in an 02 infiniti i35(Maxima)

Participant count
  • Participant list

adjetta
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This install is in an 02 infiniti I35

Okay so i am having a load of trouble with finding a way to mount my amps, the box limits alot of my options, and my seats fold at a 60/40 split and are terrible for amp mounting due to clearence issues. My only real options seem to be top of the box, behind the box fixed to a board in which I need to find a way to anchor, the trunk sides somehow, and thats where my ideas run out.

the amp i need to mount is a Hifonics Colosus (23-3/4"L x 10-13/16"W x 2-11/16"H)

my current box is about 6 cubes net, and doesnt quite sit well in the trunk due to the spare tire well opening. I am an idiot so idk

but i also need to find a place to mount 1 or 2 xs power d3100

and an infinity Kappa 5 5 channel amp ( thinking under the rear deck, just worried it might hang to low and prevent the sub box from fitting.

can anyone think of a strategy to mount all of my gear?

I am thinking that a new enclosure is in order...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you said you definitely couldn't do it or what kind of care it is but I love having mine fastened to the back seat where I can fold it down and have instant access to everything. Makes problem solving easy and impossible to see so less chance of getting stolen.

I have also seen them mounted on top of trunks before kind of a cool idea. Not sure if that's bad for it or not but keeps it out of the way! Good luck!

If you're worried about drilling into the box, you could always use dual-lock. It's like Velcro on crack. Works well enough for us to use on the submarine holding up more weight than most amps.

my seats **** *** the trunk opening is too small to mount a larger amp

im more or less worried about vibration and box flex when it comes to box mounting, ive been told its potentially harmful to the amp

but i am definetly interested in this dual lock

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.