need help compare/contrast subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

josh b

My friend is looking for a great set of subs and has narrowed it down to the titanium Eclipses or the new JL Audio W7 subs

Question is which is better with all-around bass and which has the best SPL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jls prolly extend deeper ( i have only heard the w7 and the eclipse aluminum) the w7 seem to lack higher frequency energy (my opinion they need a good midbass) would or should have a higher spl at low frequencies......if the ti's are an improvement over the alums..sq wise they would be more complete however i heard a few good things on idmax's now i know its a 3rd sub out of the 2 you are picking from but it is priced better and gets loud low and is a dynamic woofer as are alll id speakers...just a thought

I would also lean toward the Eclipse woofers more; those and also the IDMax that Audiolife mentioned. Dont get me wrong, the W7's are a great woofer that had a lot of research put into them, however, the more I listen to them, the more disappointed I become. IMO- they are not worth the price tag they tote with them.

The Eclipse offers a better real world response and output, as well as a lot better SQ capabilities from what I have seen.

I'd listen to the Eclipse and the IDMax closely and choose between those two primarily.

Not only do they cost less, but in all reality, they are just as capable as the W7, if not superior.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.