Need Dist Block - Two 0-gauge in, one 0- and one 4-gauge out

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ramblin
10+ year member

Guys I've looked and search to no avail. I'm looking for a non-fused distribution block that will give me two 0-gauge inputs, and on the outputs I need one 0-gauge and one 4-gauge. If you know where I can get one, can you shoot me a link? Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Keith

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I have a 0-gauge wire coming from the cranking battery in the engine compartment. I'm adding an HC2400 at the back of the vehicle, and need to run a 0-gauge wire from it into the distribution block. So I need two 0-gauge in's. I'm running a Hifonics XX Zeus that requires a 0-gauge output, and running a RF P850.4 that requires a 4-gauge output. That's how I'm coming up with two 0 inputs and a 0 & 4 output. Is there another way? I'm a self-confessed noob, so all advice is welcome.

Keith

I'm not an expert at the tricks for adding additional batteries, but what I would do in this situation would be run 0awg from the HC2400 to the cranking battery and then a 0awg and 4awg run out of either battery to the respective amps.

Thanks, Quiksilver. Any other thoughts, anyone? I've done a lot of reading in this forum, and studied at BCAE1.com. There seem to be a lot of opinions, and even some myths about how to add extra batteries. I was going to follow the BCAE1.com recommendation of running fused 0-gauge from the extra battery to the distribution block, and running the negative ground to the frame. The battery will be installed in a custom box underneath my son's 2000 lifted Silverado. There is no place for the battery in the cab. Running zero gauge back to the engine-bay battery solves the problem of having to run the 0-gauge positive back through a (created) grommeted hole in the cab. It eliminates the risk of the hot cable shorting if the grommets and unsulation are worn through by vibration.

But I have also read in numerous threads that the fused positive wire from the extra battery needs to be as short as possible to the amps. Any help is appreciated.

Keith

ya.. just run wire from your kinetik to alternator.. then run all the power wires you need off of the kinetik... no need for all those crazy distros.. good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.