Need amp advice for Alpine Spx-17pro components

Participant count
  • Participant list

hunter10

Va
I have a 08 Tundra that Im building a system in and I bought a pair of the Alpine pro's. Im having a hard time finding an amp to run these on. According to the manual the mid is 75Rms and tweet is 25Rms, or 100Rms run passive through the crossover. Im looking at bi-amping these and from what Ive read in different forums is the mid needs well over 75 watts to get the best sound. I've been looking at the Quart Q4.150 but worried about sending that much power to the tweets. Or the alpine Mrp-f300 but thinking thats not enough power for the Mids. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good amp or setup to use with these components? Looking to stay under $300 for the amp. Appreciate any help I can get.

System consists of Pioneer AVH-P4300

Alpine SPX-17Pro in front doors

No rear speakers ( or 6.5 coax off the headunit)

2 alpine Type R 8's under the rear seat ran off Mrp-m500

Check the impedance of the tweets. I bet they're higher than the mids. That'll lower the output from your amp. If you're going to use the passive crossover, I'm sure they utilize some sort of resistor in line with the tweeter to lower the power that's sent to them for protection. If you're going to go active, its a really easy fix, keep the amps gain down a little for the tweeters.

According to the manual the tweets are 4ohm. I plan on bi-amping thru the passive. I'd love to go active but I've never done that before and little on the nervous side about frying the tweets, lol. So you think if I went with the Q4.150 that 150watts to each tweet would be ok with the gains turned to about 1/4?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.