Ned Refreshing

Participant count
  • Participant list

valdeze

I used to be very much into the car audio but lately ive had to set my fucus on school so i was wondering if someone could help me remember some terminology that i have forgotten. if you could show pics that would be great.

the firsT one is : bridge, the second is parallel and the thirds is sreies. i need to know what tehy mean.

Well First Nice Picture at the bottom ha ha ha!!

Ok, bridging an amp is just using a multi channel amp to run a single channel getting more power out of it. For example you can get a 2 channel amp and turn it into a 1 channel by hooking up the + wire to the + of channel 1 and - to the - of channel 2. That will you will ge tan increase in power also. ou can also bridge a 4 channel amp into a 2 channel or 3 channel doing the same thing. Parellel and series are just 2 different ways to wire your subs. Wiht DVC subs in parellel you have the + going to each + on every voice coil, - going to every - on every voice coil. This is the only wireing option for SVC's. if you want to wire in series you just go + to one of the VC's on each sub - to the opposite, then connect the remaining - and + on each sub. It's just a way to play with the impedance on the sub. For more information on wiring subs in series or parellel check out

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

valdeze

valdeze
ellensburg WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ss3079