My Vette is hissing at me!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SuperchargedRS
10+ year member

M1009 CUCV
Hey guys, long time no post!

I recently got a C6 Corvette, no onstar, no bose.

Replaced the stock HU with a new Pioneer X940BT, using the GMOS-04 chit show interface, all speakers and amps are stock, I didnt use the RCA harness for the pioneer at all, minus the mute/bypass trick.

Made all my connections with solder and heat-shrink, however I have a hissing out of my speakers even when the unit on mute or 0 volume (like faint static), when I try to play a track with some bass and turn it up (nothing crazy) I get distortion.

Any thoughts from the gurus of audio???

Thanks!

-S

I have an x930bt and really hate the sound out of it.

I am a bit confused here reading this... Does the car have stock external amplification?

Or is the deck powering the whole show?

The car has a stock external amp that the GMOS-04 is utilizing (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pdf/metra/met-gmos04.pdf), All my grounds are done through the harness via solder and heat shrink. 

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Vette is a 07' btw
OK why not try the RCA harness? Does the GMOS have a gain control on it? If you use the RCA's you may be able to adjust the gain which can help remove the noise/distortion...

You can still check the ground with a dmm it couldn't hurt.

have you connected the head unit remote output to the appropriate connection to turn on the amp? it needs to be connected for the amp to work. check a speaker lead. it should be biased to +6vdc, or close when on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.