My Re Mt Came In!!

DJ CHAOTIC 666
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well Weighing In At Just Over 60 Pounds Of Bass I Thought That My Re Would Have Hit A Lot Harder Than What It Did. Im Giving The Sub 5000rms And It Seems Like It Is Peaking At 1200rms, Could This Be The Box I Am Using? Cause Right Now I Am Using My Old 15" Type R Box And It Hits A Little Hard But Not As Expected. The Port Is Only 1.5 Inches Could That Be Why It Seems As Tho It Is Peak At 1200rms? It Like Kind Of Cracks When It Is Moving About An Inch (thats What I Mean By Peaking). Is This Normal?

wat kind of amp(s) are you using that your giveing it 5000rms?
WELL I WIRED MY DIRECTED 2400D DOWN TO .7 OHMS I THINK THAT THAT IS AROUND 5000RMS, NOT QUITE SURE THO. I KNO THAT THE SUB DOES 5000RMS BUT FROM WHAT THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID WAS HE HAD A FRIEND WITH THE SAME SUB AND GAVE IT 13000 RMS ON A BURP IN COMP. ALSO THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID THAT HE HAD A 120 CUBIC INCH PORT TOO AND HE HIT 158 WITH THIS SUB GIVING IT 2000RMS.

just b/c it is an mt doesnt mean it will get louder, i have seen cases where a 15" r beat a 15" mt. Port is way to small for both subs for one, and a sub doesnt peak at a certain wattage, how did you set your gains?

WELL I WIRED MY DIRECTED 2400D DOWN TO .7 OHMS
thats only a 1200w amp so w/ impedence rise you are getting

Something's wrong, it should definately get louder then your type-r 15". I'm suspecting that this is simply a box issue, what is the specs for the box?
WELL AS FAR AS THE BOX GOES ITS THE ALPINE RECOMENDED BOX. ITS 3 CUBES THE DEMENSIONS ARE 17X24X21 I THINK OR SUMTHIN LIKE THAT.

yeah what amp are u using to push that bad boy? also if your saying your port is only 1.5 inches for this sub, i beileve that is goin to be way to small, i would go wit a box that is 3.5-4 cf with a huge port probably 80-90 sq inch port, maybe even bigger than that tuned to 35hz, and u should be good...

just b/c it is an mt doesnt mean it will get louder, i have seen cases where a 15" r beat a 15" mt. Port is way to small for both subs for one, and a sub doesnt peak at a certain wattage, how did you set your gains?
thats only a 1200w amp so w/ impedence rise you are getting

I DIDNT EVEN MESS WITH THE GAINS YET I THINK ITS LIKE 3/4 OF THE WAY UP ON THE AMP AND 3/8 OF THE WAY UP ON THE KNOB.

I DIDNT EVEN MESS WITH THE GAINS YET I THINK ITS LIKE 3/4 OF THE WAY UP ON THE AMP AND 3/8 OF THE WAY UP ON THE KNOB.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif thats why its making funny noises your clipping the **** out of it, your gains should never pass 1/2 way in all experiences i have had, and you should never use a bass knob it is pointless all it does is leads to situations like this, and your amp only puts out 1200w not 5kw that you think it does

btw lose caps its annoying and unnecesary

yeah what amp are u using to push that bad boy? also if your saying your port is only 1.5 inches for this sub, i beileve that is goin to be way to small, i would go wit a box that is 3.5-4 cf with a huge port probably 80-90 sq inch port, maybe even bigger than that tuned to 35hz, and u should be good...
HAHA YEA I KNO ITS JUST TEMP UNTIL I GET A NEW ONE. IM GOIN WITH A 6" PORT TUNED TO 33HZ IN A 3.5 CUBE BOX I THINK IDK THO I WANT ALL THE ROOM I CAN GET. ITS GOIN IN BETWEEN THE SEATS OF A FORD F250 CREWCAB. ITS ONLY LIKE 4 CUBIC FEET TO WORK WITH MAYBE 5...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DJ CHAOTIC 666

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
DJ CHAOTIC 666
Arlington Hts, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date