My radio stations come in like shhh.t!

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a 2001 impala and my radio stations hardly come in. I put a aftermarket radio in and only 1 sor 2 stations come clear but eventually go out. My windows are tinted but my buddy has the exact same car with tinted windows and his stations work fine. I dont know what could be the problem . the radio or what?

make sure that connection is good. Do you have ant in the glass? If so you need to connect the power ant wire on the HU as most cars have a signal booster...

make sure that connection is good. Do you have ant in the glass? If so you need to connect the power ant wire on the HU as most cars have a signal booster...
Never heard of this what would I connect it to if I ran into this problem?

My Buick has a factory antenna amplifier. I have to connect the remote antenna wire in the harness to the HU remote else it doesn't turn on.

Ok everyone i unhooked my amp and subs , and the radio plays a lot better now just a little staticy not much . So what could be the problem? since it sounds like azz when system is hooked up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

southport2014

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
southport2014
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date