My "finished" HT

does HT generally run more expensive than CA?
god yes.

Nice looking setup! I had something similar in my dorm minus the nice TV and loved it! Now that my roommates and I have a house AND a nice TV, they didn't want the full 5.1 because it "cramps the room." I was about to cry!

god yes.
Nice looking setup! I had something similar in my dorm minus the nice TV and loved it! Now that my roommates and I have a house AND a nice TV, they didn't want the full 5.1 because it "cramps the room." I was about to cry!
**** that, how much we talkin here lol

god im so jealous of you, i want a nice HT but dont know **** about it and i need a job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
if u dnt mind my asking how much was all that? lol
Well SPL and db drag can get expensive, so can SQ , but HT is a fortune dude.. my buddy has a very VERY nice setup, Running a 7.1 Paradigm studio setup with a Hsu ULS 15 sub.. Not sure on his projector and screen /wires etc, but he has over $20k invested in it.. THAT might sound like alot until you realize there are $1000 HDMI's out there , $1000+ speaker wire, $4000+ center channels etc

His Reference speakers

http://www.paradigm.com/en/reference/fronts-studio-studio100-model-2-13-1-29.paradigm

Sub

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/uls15.html

But yea OP, Very nice setup, I have the same TV , is yours the 7000, or the 7100?

well way to shoot down my dreams //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

lol yah i guess so, i was hoping for like $1000... im sure i can get something good with that, i just dont know anything about it lol

Hell yeah HT is expensive. But you have to look for deals and everything. Personally Onkyo is oneof my favorite A/V brands, and for about 500 you can get a reciever loaded with crap. Plan on upgrade my front speakers to floor speakers also. However with a solid 1500 you'll get some decent equipment

lol yah i guess so, i was hoping for like $1000... im sure i can get something good with that, i just dont know anything about it lol
Dude for the $ , you cant go wrong with polk or energy for your 5 channels for $800 or so, and thee are awesome subs out there under $500 that will give you a hell of a nice setup, Added to a nice receiver that has HD decoding ( DTS MA and True HD ) which you can get nice ones for under $500

does HT generally run more expensive than CA?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif It doesn't even compare. However: getting decent home audio sound is cheaper than getting decent car audio sound. It's just that decent in car audio is that: decent. In home audio, it's also known as insufficient //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nice! downstairs we got polk's in the walls front and rear..velodyne powered sub and Yamaha receiver.. its decent for what it is.. my room i have tower speakers with 4 10"s and center speaker..its more for music though

sorry dudes im a complete NOOB when it comes to HT, i guess when i get the cash ill be comin here for advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.