my new shiva

You mean lack of priorities //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (not direct as supa, just a general comment). Most of the people on here upgrade their bass setups 3 or more times before they even think about their front stage. And then the question is; "I spent all my money on my subs and sub amp, but it drowns out the rest of the music......I have $100 to spend on the best 6.5 and 6x9 co-axials that money can get me".......

Could be that too. And this is not directed at anyone personally in this thread. I was just making a general statement that I think when most people in their younger years get into car audio, the emphasis is on the "boom" side.

Its all about priorities. Some people would say a sub would be the first logical choice to upgrade (from stock), to give that bump other people have, and stock systems just dont. Other people say the component speakers play the vast majority of frequencies, and thus deserve the most/first attention.

i dont necessarily think its an age thing, im 17 and i started off with a stock system except some 5x7 memphis'. the first thing i did was a pioneer deh p6600 then i put in some cdt comps, next its a tempest. i dont like to settle for less even if its cheaper. but i also dont really find the purpose of people who do put 3 w7s in a car with a stock system, it really makes no sense imo, but whatever makes them happy.

a lot of people want bass and just decent music. part of it is for attention, such as the "how far can i be heard" and all that. but there is another part of people who are ok with their stock system as long as there is some bump to it, but most of these people arent gonna be running 2 xxx or w7's they will just run some 1 or 2 10" type s's or something liek that. the ones that are really into the hobby are the ones spending lots on an exquisit(sp?) front stage with crazy crazy bass and tons of sound deadening. you dont see that a lot. anythin that keeps the bass in the car is frowned upon by these types of people.

You guys are right about people like me, first timers without money, thinking the best upgrade is bass. In a sense, it is. Stock speakers are going to cut off somewhere between 100-200hz for cars like the ones I drive. It's only natural to want to fill in that last octave with something. I'll admit, before I used to run with bass boost, full gain, and all kinds of bass cranked up in the HU. It's just something we grow out of, and if we do it right, when we finally figure it out and set the thing up properly, we'll have quality sound with balls.

Of course, then we get the shady dealers we're not prepared for. I won't get into that. Anyone who's read my threads about P&J Audio knows I have just about the shittiest dealer in existance. Ever been told that Pyramid makes Viper amps? I have...

Where'd this thread get so side tracked? I'm buying Shivas, eventually. I hope this doesn't happen to me. It'd be so frustrating to deal with NIB subs that don't work properly. Especially after paying to have a box designed.

All i know is that this is not directed at me.

The components are on their way, 2 Alpine Type S 6 1/2's and 1 messed up Shiva isnt a sweet system ( in my mind)

could the problem maybe be in my wiring? all my wires are a bit big. i have 4 gauge power and ground on my pg t300.2 and 10g going to the shiva
supa, u gonna send it in?
no there is nothing wrong with going overkill on the wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Marine0806

10+ year member
Marine0806
baton rouge, la
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from