My New Alpine, Hertz, Rocford Setup.

RyanRusty24

Whats up guys n' possibly girls, I'm new to the site and I just wanted to let ya know what I got in Ebony my black on black 02 intrepid.

As I write this the system is being installed and i have about 50 mins to wait until its done...anyways here is what it will be:

Alpine 9887 HU

Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165 6.5" Comp Set

Hertz Hi-Energy HCX 690 6x9 3-way Coax

Two 12" Alpine Type-R Subwoofers

Rockford Fosgate P3002 2 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate Power 600.4 4-Channel Amp

Kicker Competition Wires

Long story short, this is the 3rd Phase of my audio system, it started with low end pioneer and kenwood then moved into infinity and alpine and now its hertz, alpine and rockford. I havent heard this system yet but im hoping its gonna be good... real good. Let me know what ya think and if anyone has any suggestions for anything. Thanks!!

Rusty

I would keep my expectations insanely low for the subs.

I assume you're powering the Type R's with the P3002? That amp does 75 watts x2 @ 4 ohms, 150 watts x2 @ 2 ohms or 300 watts x1 @ 4 ohms bridged. Not nearly enough power for those Type ARGHS.

You should've done some homework, man. You've just wasted your time and money in my opinion...

yeah misfit is right for sure, that really low for those subs, yo should have 500rms going to each
At least.

Why do people refuse to learn? Blindly spending money is ignorant, and there's no reason to do something this stupid when there are hundreds of places to gather information on the subject matter.

This guy has admittedly been through 3 different "setups" already, and he's still totally clueless. The person he's doing business with should be ashamed. This is the same as theft in my opinion...

lol jesus man your like a wolf, haha, anyways i should of been more clear with what i wrote cause that amp is around 4 years old and im planning on switching it out with something to run the type r's above 500w, but other than the subwoofers the interior speaker setup ended up pretty superb with the hertz and rockford 600.4 on everything. It wasn't really theft it was more like a complete upgrade of the interior speakers, just didn't have to cash to finish off with the subwoofer amp lol. you can calm down though man it sounds ridiculously good. lol.

You can really do a 3-way up front with that car. Put the tweeters in the a-pillar. That is what I did with the same car. I had some pics some where.

lol jesus man your like a wolf, haha, anyways i should of been more clear with what i wrote cause that amp is around 4 years old and im planning on switching it out with something to run the type r's above 500w, but other than the subwoofers the interior speaker setup ended up pretty superb with the hertz and rockford 600.4 on everything. It wasn't really theft it was more like a complete upgrade of the interior speakers, just didn't have to cash to finish off with the subwoofer amp lol. you can calm down though man it sounds ridiculously good. lol.
ok

okay so to bury the hatchet my final setup is this

Alpine 9887 HU $400

hertz hsk 165 component $400

hertz 690 6x9s $250

(2) 12" type r subs 4ohm DVC $400

(2) audison lxr 1.1 each wired for 2ohms pushing 800watts to each type r $1100

rockford 600.4 125 x 4 at 4 ohms $350

rockford comp wires - free

dynamat all through - free

big 3 upgrade completed- free

my dick in your girls ***** : priceless

doesnt sound anything short of amazing. its like you can "touch" the music. Its hard to explain but im sure you advanced audiophiles know what i mean. Those audison amps are extremly clean and powerful BTW. But the price tag is high. anyways anyone who wants a a very good setup this is a nice one to put in but i will tell you that those 6x9 in the back are useless, but passengers in the back will be happy. oh and if you try to tell me that the 800 watts i got going to these subs is still not enough then i will have to call you crazy because the amount of clean bass im pushing is just superb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.