My new 8 is here! :D **PICS**

You're running the sub in a box with a leak not designed for the sub running off the front channel of a HT receiver without a LP on it. Not the best testing circumstances...don't you have a plate amp lying around? It's 4 ohms, right? HT receivers are generally not made to power 4 ohm loads, but yours might, I could be wrong.

The leak was fixed, the box IMO is fine, what exactly do you mean not designed for the sub?

I like big low tuned boxes, and thats what i have, as i said, its .8ft^3 at 28htz ported, IMO its perfect for my tastes, it has surprising ok low end for an 8.

My receiver is rated to only handle 6 ohms, but it takes 4 ohm like a champ, hasnt gone into protect once, and doesnt heat up any more than normal.

And with the LP, i plan to buy a crossover, but i honestly dont think its needed all that much, it sounds decent the way it is, however i have found a way to solve the problem for now, the EQ has left and right channels, and the receiver has 4 front outputs, 2 left and 2 right, i have 3 speakers in total, two yamahas, and the sub. I have the EQs left channel all on flat except for all of the higher frequencies, this should lessen the highs going through the sub, correct? The sub is hooked up to the left channel and the Yamahas are hooked up through the right channel, which is EQed to the way i like them to sound. Now i know i have no stereo sound, but it works for now till i get a crossover.

This ones still **** dark, i think my shadow was in the way, its was light out, and my light was on, maybe ill flip the box upward next time. You can kind of see the little kicker eblem excurting with the sub.

I **** at taking videos. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

whatre you serious? there only 60 off ebay (the 10's too!) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
there ok my friend had 2 12"s and they dident get loud what so ever and blew after a month, but if it makes you happy thats all that matters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ehhh... I've had four 12's for 2 years now and they are still going fine. I've even been running one with double the RMS for 2 months now and it still works perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.