My install so far lots of pics

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif:rage://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif:rage:

I would say you could do better with your equipment, but I think the install looks great... especially if it is your first one. They will only get better from here so don't worry if someone says you can't have wires or stack the amps like that... it's your install, do it how you want.

I would say you could do better with your equipment, but I think the install looks great... especially if it is your first one. They will only get better from here so don't worry if someone says you can't have wires or stack the amps like that... it's your install, do it how you want.
x2

solid install for the equipment you've got to work with.

^ Hell yeah. Great job carpeting; it's tough work no lie. I would have gone with a charcoal color though. You gotta ditch those kenwoods when you get a chance though. A new pair of decent subs will blow your mind.

Ok so let me start off by saying this was only a quick temp install to get through the winter. Living in S.Ontario with no garage SUX. So I have done installs before but only simple basic ones. Buy a prefab box screw an amp on run some wire from the battery and an rca and crank it up. Replaced speakers in factory locations head unit etc. This is the first install I actually cared how it looked, and the first box ever built. Oh BTW those Kenwoods cost me $40 for the pair and have served me well for the past 4 years with no problems. I had just bought a prefab bandpass box for them and wasn't really impressed. Now that they are actually in a spec built sealed box they have come alive and now really thump. The wires were only visible in the pics because we had pulled the box out to see the back of the amp rack. With the box in you will not see them at all unless you actually stick your head in the trunk and look in behind it. If you meant the wires on the Memphis amp I will be making trim pieces to cover the ends of it. I guess I should have specified all this right off the bat.

endofdays89 I will assume you have a crappy monitor as you have been the only one in 100 or so post on the different forums that didn't think the carpet job was awesome.

Nick

Install looks great. Very impressive box and carpet, I like the recessed sides. Wiring looks great, however I would scan the classifieds for some nice sq-oriented woofers, you will be very surprised at the difference.

awesome carpet job IMO, for your first good install, **** I think it's great. I still don't hide my wiring that well but that's mostly cuz I really don't give a crap haha. good effort! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks guys. Yeah I am poor right now so I have to make do with what I got. Looking at moving into a house soon so cash is tied up for that. Definately as soon as time and cash allow I will be doing a complete rebuild. Yes I promise I will do a complete build log next time. LOL Subs for sure need an upgrade, but for $40. for the pair 4 years ago from ebay I can't complain about them. They have taken a beating and still keep on going. Sound is wayyy better now they are not in the crappy prefab bandpass box now they sound like subs and not big mid basses LOL.

Endofdays is a useless troll on here. He hates on everything, because he is jealous. You should have seen his install, lol!
Looks awesome for a first install trying.

Carpet job is excellent!
x2 on the carpet job.

I dont think the intall looks bad at all. There are a couple small thing you could do to clean it up alittle. But def not a horrible install.

I disagree with the statment about wires showing being bad for a finished system. I think as long as they a secured, clean, etc.. that its fine. Heck I personally like to see wire in some installs. You pay that $$ for pretty jackets on the wire anyways, might as well see them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I dont think the intall looks bad at all. There are a couple small thing you could do to clean it up alittle. But def not a horrible install.
I disagree with the statment about wires showing being bad for a finished system. I think as long as they a secured, clean, etc.. that its fine. Heck I personally like to see wire in some installs. You pay that $$ for pretty jackets on the wire anyways, might as well see them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Agree

Endofdays is a useless troll on here. He hates on everything, because he is jealous. You should have seen his install, lol!
Looks awesome for a first install trying.

Carpet job is excellent!

Isn't he the dumb sap that got dumped by his girl, but he still did the install on her car anywayz lol? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

420guy

10+ year member
420guy
Brampton, Ont, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from