My install so far lots of pics

420guy
10+ year member

Well here we have the system in the Cavi as it sits right now. All gear is listed in my sig. This is the sealed box I built. Not too bad for a first try I think. Any suggestions, comments are welcome just remember it was my FIRST TRY ok. Really this is the first install of this caliber I have ever done. All others have been total ghetto don't care how it looks just jam it in there and power it up. LOL Wonder why I have never been happy with the sound. Sooo anyhooo on to the pics.

The box as it sits in the trunk. It is dual 1cuft chambers 3/4" mdf with double baffle front and recessed mounted drivers. The end walls where the carpet tucks in were made using a 1/4" rotary cutting bit with a straight edge guide set to 3/8" depth. Ends were then carpeted and tucked into slot. Front, top, back, and bottom were then done and also tucked into the slot for the recessed end look. I saw a tutorial on this but already had the box designed and pieces cut, so cutting the slot into the edge of the end pieces would not have worked also would have looked weird due to the double front baffle. Turned out great, at least I think so.

Tried to put up the pics but says they are too big. So they are here.

100_0178.jpg

100_0182.jpg

100_0183.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_0184.jpg

Nothing fancy here just a piece of MDF mounted behind rear seat. I need to make a couple of trim pieces to cover the wires from the Memphis amp. I love the RF amp for this as all the wires come out under the chrome piece at the bottom. Mounted to the back is my cap, negative distro block, and positive fused distro block. Positive is 4ga from battery to inline ANL 100amp fuse about 6" away then 4ga to cap, 4ga from cap to fused distro with 2x 60amp fuses and 8ga to each amp. Negative is bolted to metal about 1' from the cap. 4ga to cap, 4ga to distro, then 8ga to each amp. Right now I only have one set of RCAs at HU, so they run to the sub amp then out the passthrough and each into a Y splitter and then into the Memphis 4ch which is being run bridged to 2ch for the front door components.

First attempt at an amp rack as I have always just screwed everything into my boxes before. Being kinda anal about the pretty new box and don't want to be putting ANY screws into it. This was thrown together in one day so I could finally hear everything. Ended up finishing the wiring in the trunk at midnight and working outside at -2c. But it is done. Finally the last pic is my el cheapo $100 Kenwood deck and what I use for playing MP3s. It is a new Sanyo Katana cell phone with built in MP3 player and stereo headphone jack out with micro SD card memory. I made a cable with 2.5mm stereo jack on one end and 3.5mm stereo on the other. It plugs into the aux in on the face of the deck. The sound is awesome, I was surprised. Again pics are here.

100_0189.jpg

100_0192.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0190.jpg

100_0195.jpg

i don't like it much, the kenwoods gotta go and the box carpeting is not pretty. Everything looks all crammed in there. Definitely work on the install more.

And the wires are visible, you can't have visible wires in a finished install man.

i don't like it much, the kenwoods gotta go and the box carpeting is not pretty. Everything looks all crammed in there. Definitely work on the install more.
And the wires are visible, you can't have visible wires in a finished install man.
Whats wrong with the carpeting?

Also nothing wrong with visible wires i they are organized, i also prefer no wires but does not mean its unfinished.

Whats wrong with the carpeting? Also nothing wrong with visible wires i they are organized, i also prefer no wires but does not mean its unfinished.
it looks weird, almost like paint i guess. i would make some kind of amp rack and put the amps some where where they aren't right on top of each other like that. It looks cluttered. But if it's not finished then it's all good.

looks great to me personally, especially the attention to detail (wires zip-tied, carpet smooth, etc). my first system was death-on-wheels, lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

420guy

10+ year member
420guy
Brampton, Ont, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from