My flip down video have distortion.. please help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

codenameVIC
10+ year member

When I start my engine and play a dvd my ceiling flip down video start to show lines and distortion. I currently have the 12v, acc, and ground all hooked up to my headunit. I tried both video out 1 and 2 on my headunit and it does the same. It only does this when I start my car. My main headunit double din tv is fine its just the flip down monitor thats doing this. Can someone please help me and let me know what I have to do to stop this problem. Thanks.

Switch grounds first. If that doesn't work then run a new rca cable. Don't worry about the isolator, that should be an absolute last resort.

Just went outside and tried to relocate the ground to 2 different places and its the same exact result. The rca cables are brand new just purchased yesterday from radio shack. So should I try the ground loop isolator? but will it work for video signal? any other ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.