My Arc Amps Came!!!sweet!!!

You know I said the same thing..But when I called ARC on it they said "Well do not pay attention to that because we rate input voltage alot diffrently than others". I am not sure what he meant by that bt he basically indicated I don't need to take H/U output into consideration. I planned on running a 6V pre-out..amps are only 2V input..Again..He laughed and said it ain't no big thang!!????not an issue??

I got a single ARC 12" running on a PG Octane 8.0:1

Giving it about 300W rms 1.3 ported, 3x11"

Sounds sweet, wanna get a new one but my dealer is out of stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I got a single ARC 12" running on a PG Octane 8.0:1
Giving it about 300W rms 1.3 ported, 3x11"

Sounds sweet, wanna get a new one but my dealer is out of stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
The Arc 12's have been redesigned- just released, I will be finshing up my enclosure soon- Call Arc and see if they have any older designed ones left so that you match- New ones have raised black lettering

love those arc's but wish they took more signal voltage
I take it you dont know what a sensitivity of 2.5v @ 1Kz means.......something you'll never see-

I'm running 8v , my dealer is running 8v balanced and numerous run 16v balanced to them no issues whatsoever

You have any pics of the new ARC 12's ?
466763_169_full.jpg

466763_168_full.jpg

466763_172_full.jpg

466763_173_full.jpg

Thanx....ARC MSRP for the 12's is $279, but if anyone is familiar with Arc dealers, they are great at working with you- I dont have the liberty to say how much I payed for them publicly-

Arc gave the new driver a thicker magnet and a new cone- it appears to molded, other than that same specs as the older models

- these subs are underated in the power handling dept- they are rated at 350rms and are getting 490ish a piece and dont sound a bit overpowered- I actually got the suggestion to run the 2 12's off that power from Arc-

The sweetnes of this new setup is that my box is 28"Lx14"Hx 7.25" depth- each sub is seeing a 0.6 cu/ft and Arc's tech Brad they'll take a 0.5-0.4X cu/ft easy- they shine in lower volumes- They have really surprised me as they are now breakin' in more and more, and all I've fed them was moderate to high volume levels of hiphop/rap to loosen them up

These are truly SQ subs, dont expect anything else but controlled SQ and they get plenty loud- they freggin' knock hard- a response I got from a friend was "what do you have 3-4 10's in there?....they sound so clean and get so low..."

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif best part is....ARC just released a new 8" sub, haven't before, with this design

Anyways I'd recommend the to anyone - Killer SQ, a small enclosure is great for flexibility for those truck owners out there or people like me- I can fit my baby carriage, and shyt load of other stuff in my trunk as my 2 12's sit 8" farther back than my single 12" enclosure did before

I am very intrigued?????

I had never planned to go with a mainly SQ system but when I got the ARC amps that kinda changed..So I l looked into ID for subs with both SQ/SPL..BUT **** THOSE LOOK NICE..they just have that look like "I can tall the sound sweet"..I definitly have a sub enclosure scenario that you are describing??????What is the depth on those babies??

****...... I may need to get them instead of ID if they sound like you are describing?

All I can say is they are sweet!!!

Thanx bro- judging by by your avatar your setup is gonna look sweet!

I'm planning on popping one out to take pics of the basket and motor structure, I put that box and subs in together so quickly because I was so anxious that I forgot to, and the fact that I took'm at night and the sub is black (front and back) they didn't come out that well in the above pics

I'm quite sure you'll get loud enough with an SQ system in a truck, specially with the right install & equipment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.