My 80prs is killing me

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
What the hell? Is there some magic button or series of buttons I have to push to turn the sub out on?

I'm just running my fronts on HU power until I decide on my 4 channel, but I'm in 3-way network mode and I don't have a sub output level. Is there one in network mode? If not, that is seriously lame. Does the sub RCA work when using HU power for fronts? It has to. I installed my sub amp today and I didn't have to time to diagnose shit, but I gots powa, but no sound.

And wtf is up with Pandora? Why does it lock up everytime I open the app? And why the hell can't I switch back and forth betwen Pandora and my music library on the same USB?

Ugh. It's about to become a projectile. The stupid manual is useless.

Should have just sent me a text foo.... There. Is no sub control in network mode
I think I lost your number because I just looked for it. You still have mine? Shoot me a text before I go "Office Space" PC load letter on this thing.

not like Alpine HUs with 3-way where you can control the Sub output level? wow that is sucky.
You can still run active + sub in "standard" mode with sub level control. I've yet to figure out the difference or benefit of network mode though.

oh ok cool,How does it compare sound wise to a 9835? and does it have a parametric eq? I know it has a dual 16-band graphic eq.
Never had a 9835. I've had a 7998 and it's not quite that good. It's killing the 117 I had though.

I don't believe there is a parametric option. Dual 16 band graphic is a lot of EQ though. Well... for a HU

Never had a 9835. I've had a 7998 and it's not quite that good. It's killing the 117 I had though.
I don't believe there is a parametric option. Dual 16 band graphic is a lot of EQ though. Well... for a HU
so the 7998 sounded better?

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Very subjective... but yeah. The 7998 was better. Don't confuse that with the 9887 though. The one I'm talking about is the old school phantom face. I've heard the 9887 though and it's good. What and what with the 80prs, but without all the features and not as much EQ.

Very subjective... but yeah. The 7998 was better. Don't confuse that with the 9887 though. The one I'm talking about is the old school phantom face. I've heard the 9887 though and it's good. What and what with the 80prs, but without all the features and not as much EQ.
yeah I know the difference,the 7998 came out about 2002-03 some where in that era ,I have the 9815 and the only thing I had to do was replace the cd-transport,very good hu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.