My 8" will make your 8" it's bish.

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
3" coil Tantric Sounds HD motor. 10" SoundStream basket. Lots o' linear spiders

Currently being beat to death with a SounDigital 5k. Lmao.

173.2db @ 35hz in port wars.

I call her... the Franken8!!!!

ae44d600.jpg

05ca0e94.jpg

Dude that is the sickest sh!+ I have ever seen, what made you come up with that idea? just the need for larger spiders for more excursion? Also you have got to get a video of that! It has to look beast!

Dude that is the sickest sh!+ I have ever seen, what made you come up with that idea? just the need for larger spiders for more excursion? Also you have got to get a video of that! It has to look beast!
Well, I've seen people do 2.5" coil motors on an 8" basket, but I was like... hey! Lol. An 8" basket is limited on spiders and throw. This one has a TON of throw. It's obviously still limited mechanically, but it gets down for an 8" radiator.

Well, I've seen people do 2.5" coil motors on an 8" basket, but I was like... hey! Lol. An 8" basket is limited on spiders and throw. This one has a TON of throw. It's obviously still limited mechanically, but it gets down for an 8" radiator.
do the spiders have more capability then the surround now? and yea I'll bet it's fun as all get out to watch!

do the spiders have more capability then the surround now? and yea I'll bet it's fun as all get out to watch!
Yeah. The spiders can definitely outthrow the surround now. I have to upfire it so it loads off the trunk lid or it'll jump out of the box. Lol.

If you notice from the 1st to the 2nd pic, it's a different dustcap. The motor force during my port wars run turned the 1st dustcap inside out. Lol.

You should mount it from underneath the baffle with just the surround poking out so it looks like a normal 8". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You should mount it from underneath the baffle with just the surround poking out so it looks like a normal 8". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
That was my original plan. Lol. I'm actually going to try a 4th order for it with a plexi front and I'll do that.

well hats off for the worlds sickest "I wonder idea:up2somet:" and it works when all is said and done! And I know what you mean about loading that's all that keeps my subs together at 2x the rms, full tilt 4" off the trunk sounds awesome open the trunk and they will bottom out at 3/4 the same level, it's amazing what you can do with a good amount of power and some compression isn't it!

i already did this well over a yr ago and machined a alum adapter not plastic.

i already built a 8" sub with a 9" motor 3" coil and freeair testest off a ss 1600.1 @.5ohms

it is the most powerful 8" i have ever heard of or seen. keep tring //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i already did this well over a yr ago and machined a alum adapter not plastic.
i already built a 8" sub with a 9" motor 3" coil and freeair testest off a ss 1600.1 @.5ohms

it is the most powerful 8" i have ever heard of or seen. keep tring //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yep think you where already beat...

e3bd1244.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TaylorFade

10+ year member
I fail.
TaylorFade
Baton Rouge, La.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date