MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

and where does this come in?...or is it so good, it has no comparison?Knukonceptz product detail for KNO KNOISE KOLOSSUS EDITION CAR KIT 35SQ FT
Well, just my personal opinion on this the Kno Knoise Kolosus 100mil edition of sound deadener sounds good, and from what I hear I hope to have an opportunity to try

SDS and Audio Technix (no I did not enter the contest), but I feel MurderMat has the edge at least in perspective of design over Kno Knoise. Kno matter how I look at it, my personal opinion, is it looks generic and though yes it's true most sound deadener after installs are typically hidden from view completely I still think Knu could have put more time into the design element of the product. When I take into account pricing, Kno Knoise also seems to be a lot more pricey, at least compared to the affordability of some their other products which I have bought. Mostly wire. As for wire, I feel the KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted OFC wire and KnuKonceptz Twisted Pair Smoke RCA'S are top dog.

IMG_8144__95538.1348289503.500.500.JPG
__
knoknoise_.jpg

When I take into account pricing, Kno Knoise also seems to be a lot more pricey, at least compared to the affordability of some their other products which I have bought. Mostly wire. As for wire, I feel the KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted OFC wire and KnuKonceptz Twisted Pair Smoke RCA'S are top dog.
More expensive?

40sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $139

28sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $138

Price per sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $3.475

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $3.286

120sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $380

105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $347

Price per sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $3.167

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $2.916

In both regards, the Knu Knoise 80mil is about $0.20 cheaper per sqft. It has the same exact specs as the MurderMat (thickness of constraining dampener and butyl, weight/sqft.), but a greater max temperature range (10 degrees colder and 30 degrees hotter).

40sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $172

35sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $140

Price per sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $4.3

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $4

120sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $515

105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $420

Price per sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $4.292

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $3.529

For smaller quantities, the Knu Knoise is $0.30 cheaper per sqft. than Murdermat, and over $0.70 cheaper per sqft. for larger quantities! It also has 10 more mils of butyl which I'm assuming is what accounts for the increased weight of 0.18lbs. Don't forget the same max operating temperature advantage as with the 80mil versions!

Not really sure where you are getting at with the Knu Knoise being more pricey than the MurderMat?

More expensive?
40sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $139

28sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $138

Price per sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $3.475

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $3.286

120sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $380

105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $347

Price per sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $3.167

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $2.916

In both regards, the Knu Knoise 80mil is about $0.20 cheaper per sqft. It has the same exact specs as the MurderMat (thickness of constraining dampener and butyl, weight/sqft.), but a greater max temperature range (10 degrees colder and 30 degrees hotter).

40sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $172

35sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $140

Price per sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $4.3

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $4

120sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $515

105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $420

Price per sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $4.292

Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $3.529

For smaller quantities, the Knu Knoise is $0.30 cheaper per sqft. than Murdermat, and over $0.70 cheaper per sqft. for larger quantities! It also has 10 more mils of butyl which I'm assuming is what accounts for the increased weight of 0.18lbs. Don't forget the same max operating temperature advantage as with the 80mil versions!

Not really sure where you are getting at with the Knu Knoise being more pricey than the MurderMat?
Well to clear a couple things up.

Termpature ratings for us were done conservatively.

We promise our deadener will meet or exceeds Knu and any other comparable Butyl products temperature rating.

With the nature of the product, any quality butyls that are used for dampening and CLD applications are all going to fail in the same range (350-400*) as most rubbers have a melting point of 350*

Now, say the deadener is placed vertically, or upside down. It will begin to fail at less then 350*, because its actually starting to melt.

If any part of your vehicle, short of the exhuast system reaches 300*+, you will be having much bigger problems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Now for cost, comparing products with thickness and specs is fair.

But what is not a fair comparison is that KnoNoise is a basic looking CLD.

It does not have any character to set it apart from any other silver, 80 Mil deadener out there

Our design and black anodized finish costs more to manufacture.

A valid point some make is it is a CLD, it goes under panels and is not seen anyway.

While this is true a lot of the time, there are still places you'll still see silver in larger installations.

You won't with it being black, everything stays hidden.

That's what you wrote, that's not what I wrote. I wrote.

When I take into account pricing, Kno Knoise also seems to be a lot more pricey, at least compared to the affordability of some their other products which I have bought. Mostly wire. As for wire, I feel the KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted OFC wire and KnuKonceptz Twisted Pair Smoke RCA'S are top dog.
icon5.png

[quote name='Suicide Bobb']How does that even make any sense? Knu Knoise gives you more for less money than ANY other comparable deadener, and this doesn't compare to the affordability of some of its other products?[/QUOTE]
@Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I won't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made which
concerned pricing. MurderMat vs. Kno Knoise pricing is not something I ever really brought up. That comment was in direct reference to Knukoncepts other products.
All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for an incredible price. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.

[quote name='Jaguar']

@Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I don't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat, that goes for any other product mentioned. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM seem better, if you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made concerning pricing, not MurderMat vs Kno Knoise, all I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for a great price, why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaguar']

@Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I won't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat, that goes for any other product mentioned. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM seem better, if you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made concerning pricing, not MurderMat vs Kno Knoise, all I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for a great price from Knukoncepts. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.[/QUOTE]
lol lol

hahahaha

lmao

bahahahahahaha

rofl

[quote name='Jaguar']

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made concerning pricing, not MurderMat vs Kno Knoise. All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for a great price from Knukoncepts. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.[/QUOTE]

EVERYTHING you just based your "opinion" on was preference. Seriously, you are retarded. lol

Personal attacks have nothing to do with this thread or the current discussion. Your guys issues are with yourselves, not me, and you 3-4 guys derail every thread

I comment on and have become obsessed. You stalk my every post, even old threads, been that way for months. If any of that bothered my I would have stopped

logging in months ago. Same 3 or 4 guys every-time. If you disagree make your points and move along, don't troll on this thread we are trying to have a discussion.

Thank you.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made which

concerned pricing. MurderMat vs. Kno Knoise pricing is not something I ever really brought up. That comment was in direct reference to Knukoncepts other products.

All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for an incredible price. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI0RoJz7Tno

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jaguar

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Jaguar
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date