MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

I remember when aesthetics played a role in my decision making process as it kept me from buying Image Dynamics for a long time. I thought "gee, these look cheap with their non-flashy logo". If you choose one product over another because it doesn't look as ****** as another then there is no helping you. If aesthetics is what you after then stick with flame baskets and flashy deadener that you will never see once its installed.

[quote name='OmegaBunny']I remember when aesthetics played a role in my decision making process as it kept me from buying Image Dynamics for a long time. I thought "gee, these look cheap with their non-flashy logo". If you choose one product over another because it doesn't look as ****** as another then there is no helping you. If aesthetics is what you after then stick with flame baskets and flashy deadener that you will never see once its installed.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. We all went through that stage before, most of you are still in that stage with drivers. If it don't have a "huge" motor then you don't want it lol.

As for @Jaguar; this is not the dome so lets try and not dump on a vendor section because you do not like someone or their views.

[quote name='Jaguar']

@Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I won't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made which
concerned pricing. MurderMat vs. Kno Knoise pricing is not something I ever really brought up. That comment was in direct reference to Knukoncepts other products.
All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for an incredible price. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.[/QUOTE]

28630878.jpg

I want this to be clear to anyone else that comes into this thread. Nobody in here is hating on MurderMat deadener. We all have our preferences, but given the opportunity to free deadener, none of us would mind some MurderMat. It's a good product. What is being hated on is Jaguar's entirely subjective and biased statements, and how he gives the edge to one product over the other based purely on aesthetics.

MurderMat, you guys are looking good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm sorry someone else couldn't have won this contest so there'd be less controversy.

I want this to be clear to anyone else that comes into this thread. Nobody in here is hating on MurderMat deadener. We all have our preferences, but given the opportunity to free deadener, none of us would mind some MurderMat. It's a good product. What is being hated on is Jaguar's entirely subjective and biased statements, and how he gives the edge to one product over the other based purely on aesthetics.MurderMat, you guys are looking good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm sorry someone else couldn't have won this contest so there'd be less controversy.
This ^^^ Sorry I didn't state that earlier. Nothing against MurderMat, just picking apart Jaguar for being an asshat

If the flaming has subsided, does anyone think that they can actually provide help to people looking for it since my question was totally skipped over for the sake of snipes?...or have I mistaken this forum for a helpful place when in actuality it is a girls high school locker room?

Forgive my noob question, but are the higher numbers or the lower numbers better with regards to the temp/hz chart?

If the flaming has subsided, does anyone think that they can actually provide help to people looking for it since my question was totally skipped over for the sake of snipes?...or have I mistaken this forum for a helpful place when in actuality it is a girls high school locker room?
Forgive my noob question, but are the higher numbers or the lower numbers better with regards to the temp/hz chart?
I'm gonna try to answer that. Higher/wider temperature range is best, because it'll work effectively in the very cold and the very warm, because as ambient temperature fluctuates, you still want your deadener and it's adhesive to continue to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And lower frequency readings are ideal. As the goal with using deadener, is to lower the resonant frequency of the panel, so that you can not hear it resonate. So, if it's resonating below 20hz, SUCCESS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Keep in mind, this is my crude understanding of it, and is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, Jaguar is a bitch for turning off his dislikes cus he can't take the heat, but then still having the audacity for disliking other people's honest posts.

SecondSkinDamp-ModalLossFactor.gif

SecondSkinDamp-200HzInterpolation-1.gif

Dynamat-ModalLossFactor.gif

Dynamat-200HzInterpolation.gif

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

AudioTechnix02-09-12-ModalResonanceFrequency-SAEJ1637BaseBeam.jpg

AudioTechnix02-09-12-CompositeLossFactor-SAEJ1637BaseBeam.jpg

AudioTechnix02-09-12-200HzInterpolation-SAEJ1637BaseBeam.jpg

AudioTechnix-ModalLossFactor.gif

AudioTechnix-200HzInterpolation-1.gif
Just wondering is there a reason why you went with 200 Hz? I in no way shape or form claim to know everything when it comes to panel resonance and such but considering most don't even play their midbass above 200 Hz would the panel even resonate at that frequency?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jaguar

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Jaguar
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date