MurderMat Review

Jaguar
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
GA
I'd like to thank MurderMat Sound Solutions for sending out samples of their product, the giveaway was a great way to start the launch of a product,

and it was a grand opening in more respects than one. I genuinely feel the giveaway says something about the type people who stand behind the product,

but that the product itself is outstanding within itself enough it's like a bold statement that ironically enough is something that, should be heard.

It's loud-enough so that it can't be ignored by consumers but just-enough, it for lack of a better term, ''beats'' at the door of competitors.

You know something, MurderMat has the look, but beyond being sound-deadener, does something significant distinguish it between just being that ''more

sound-deadener", or is there "more" to MurderMat which would make someone out there looking to buy some sound-deadening mat, make them want to

choose it over another brand? The answer is yes. The amount of consideration that went into the production of MurderMat at first was not apparent, but

after I had completed research on the product I came to the realize it is layered as the product. I'm not going to get into too much technical detail about

how MurderMat compares to other sound-deadeners. I feel I have technically reached all I could grasp given my experience, but what I had unveiled in

comparative research of MurderMat, Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix is something that should be seen, and that's something to say

within itself for something, that is likely to be completely hidden from view. For more on that click here.

On with the review.

For some time now I've known I had resonant vibrations from the subwoofers which caused audible distortions in my car. The cause of this was not only

the hollows of metal having an audible resonant frequency when my subwoofers thumped or kicked, but other problematics such as the bare metal which

underlies the Parcel shelf. The Parcel shelf is essentially and extension of the trunk, and it was as much an issue as the trunk, and trunk lid insofar as it

being virtually unprotected with any sound-deadening proprieties. Only until now, have I been able to even begin to properly distinguish just "how much"

of a difference sound deadener can mean to your listening experience. Upon learning that I had been chosen in the GIVEAWAY hosted on car-audio forum

by MurderMat Sound Solutions, I decided to try and pay closer attention to what tones and frequencies were distorted in order to write a proper review

after install. The difference? A world of difference. How?

Number 1: MurderMat silenced all the excessive vibrations the subwoofers made in my car that were not meant to be heard, nor meant to be a part

of the listening experience. Number 2: The bass is much cleaner. Now that all the noise has quieted down, it has left more room to hear even the subtle

variations of bass from a cleaner perspective. Number 3: Gains in bass. Bass is louder without having to turn the volume up as much as before (DB gains).

Number 4: Rattles. You know the deal, you're in your car the music sounds ''fine'' but on the outside it sounds bad? The sound deadener works miracles

inside as well as outside of the vehicle. Number 5: Seats Down. I no longer have to have my seats down in the back of my car to get the full effect of

bass from my woofers. I'm not sure exactly how this happened besides an educated guess, but the bass is not only deeper it also appears to be more

resounding given it's constraints.

mmrev_01.jpg
mmrev_02.jpg

mmrev_05b.jpg
mmrev_06.jpg

mmrev_07.jpg
mmrev_08.jpg

mmrev_09.jpg
mmrev_10.jpg

mmrev_11.jpg
mmrev_12.jpg

Final notes: This was my first installation of sound-deadener in a car. After I started to prep my trunk and everything inside my trunk was removed,

I felt the task to properly install the deadener would be a daunting challenge, but after just a moment I started to enjoy it. I feel the uniqueness of

the very top layer covering the aluminum constraining layer (2 mils of Vinyl) helped prevent a lot of tearing I have seen other sound deadeners make

as they are stretched across extreme grooves, not only that. My finding was the actual top design made it incredibly easier to measure cuts given

there are several lines one and two inches apart. Especially so when I had to make several smaller cuts to fit around the difficult contours of the

underside of the metal on my trunks lid. It's also very easy to mold around curves and bends. Each piece I cut ended up fitting perfectly, and

to my amazement, it just didn't stop. I almost wanted to try and mess up on purpose but couldn't. No matter how you say it, no matter how

you cut it or compare it MurderMat is the ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional Photos

mmrev_13.jpg
mmrev_14.jpg

mmrev_15.jpg
mmrev_16.jpg

mmrev_17.jpg
mmrev_18.jpg

mmrev_19.jpg
mmrev_20.jpg

Side Note:

Approximately 80 feet of CCF rolled tightly within the lid over MurderMat, and covered again with MurderMat. I forgot to take a photo of the aluminum plates.

Lookinh good... Are the stickers Silver? I was hoping the where black //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
mmrev_03.jpg
mmrev_04.jpg

**** they look black with the backing on them
We can make some in black sir //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That trunk lid is pretty crazy now... good use of creativity!

As long as a lot of moisture doesnt get in the lid after time in between the foam you should be good.

just wondering. What other deadener have you owned to compare this to to call it the best?
Good question. Although my personal experience with the product makes it my favorite, that's just my personal opinion and contradistinct from me actually stating or proving

it's ''the best''. I never said MurderMat was ''the best'' you did. Did you see what I just did? I took a little part of what you had written and made it appear as if it's what you

meant, but it's not what you meant, because it's only a part of what you have written or think. The same principle applies with me, and I feel if you read what I wrote you

would see I never stated what you stated. What I have done was merely made a comparison on an entirely completely different thread of the specifications and had the

sound deadeners have a showdown amongst themselves. Opinions vary, and people lie but numbers don't. While I think that still is something from actually being able

to prove it's the best the studies are certainly interesting, and that's all I'm saying keep your eye on MurderMat. As far as my personal experience with deadeners it

is limited but as per singling down what I meant when asked to explain something I didn't necessarily say, while knowing you have read this is my first install, no

matter what I said it would only boil down to preference. Ultimately I would never be able to prove it's the best, but again it's not something I set out to do.

We can make some in black sir //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
That trunk lid is pretty crazy now... good use of creativity!

As long as a lot of moisture doesnt get in the lid after time in between the foam you should be good.
The silver doesn't look bad but I was hoping they where black so it would have a "ghost" affect on my tint...

Good question. Although my personal experience with the product makes it my favorite, that's just my personal opinion and contradistinct from me actually stating or proving it's ''the best''. I never said MurderMat was ''the best'' you did. Did you see what I just did? I took a little part of what you had written and made it appear as if it's what you

meant, but it's not what you meant, because it's only a part of what you have written or think. The same principle applies with me, and I feel if you read what I wrote you

would see I never stated what you stated. What I have done was merely made a comparison on an entirely completely different thread of the specifications and had the

sound deadeners have a showdown amongst themselves. Opinions vary, and people lie but numbers don't. While I think that still is something from actually being able

to prove it's the best the studies are certainly interesting, and that's all I'm saying keep your eye on MurderMat. As far as my personal experience with deadeners it

is limited but as per singling down what I meant when asked to explain something I didn't necessarily say, while knowing you have read this is my first install, no

matter what I said it would only boil down to preference. Ultimately I would never be able to prove it's the best, but again it's not something I set out to do.
i didnt mean to come off as an ***. I only ask this so we know. The only thing wrong i see is the fact you did everything all at once ccf and deadener. So honestly we will never know trunk wise without CCF how it willl do. Other than those few mistakes it seems like a very good review.

I like the way you stuffed that ccf up in the trunk lid... good stuff!
Why thank you. It's approximately 80 feet of CCF on top of MurderMat, then covered with some custom aluminum plates I made then, covered again with more mat.

It doesn't look it but it is rolled up, supertight! It probably was not an ideal install, but I had to get creative because with as many openings that were in that particular

area of the trunk I felt the use of ''goodstuff'' might have been too much to handle for my first project. That is of course given it's expanding properties. Thanks again.

Oh, by the way, there was a comment earlier about moisture? I used polyethylene CF and, at no time was any mat installed directly over any foam. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

by "goodstuff" are you referring to expanding foam?! I don't know if i'd ever be able to use expanding foam in my car, that shyt is impossible to control haha. Yea man it blows having to deal with deadening a truck lid, you did a MUCH better job at that than I did when I tried to do my first trunk lid.

Why thank you. It's approximately 80 feet of CCF on top of MurderMat, then covered with some custom aluminum plates I made then, covered again with more mat. It doesn't look it but it is rolled up, supertight! It probably was not an ideal install, but I had to get creative because with as many openings that were in that particular

area of the trunk I felt the use of ''goodstuff'' might have been too much to handle for my first project. That is of course given it's expanding properties. Thanks again.

Oh, by the way, there was a comment earlier about moisture? I used polyethylene CF and, at no time was any mat installed directly over any foam. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
so its hard to tell if its just the deadener that healped you out or the 500 other things you did....
by "goodstuff" are you referring to expanding foam?! I don't know if i'd ever be able to use expanding foam in my car, that shyt is impossible to control haha. Yea man it blows having to deal with deadening a truck lid, you did a MUCH better job at that than I did when I tried to do my first trunk lid.
Great stuff. its the sheet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jaguar

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Jaguar
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date