Multiple small batts > one large batt???

Participant count
  • Participant list

ta2ed9783

Senior VIP Member
I have a Kinetic hc1800 up front and only a single hc600 in the trunk. Would it be better to get three more 600's an run em together clise to amp or get another hc1800? The ah's would add up to be the same so I was just wondering if there are any pros or cons.

I have a Kinetic hc1800 up front and only a single hc600 in the trunk. Would it be better to get three more 600's an run em together clise to amp or get another hc1800? The ah's would add up to be the same so I was just wondering if there are any pros or cons.
Do whatevers cheaper and is space friendly ..there will be no diff as long as they are the same ah total..if it were me id sell the 600 and buy one big batt that way when u upgrade again u dont have to be running 10 small *** batts

I have now added a stinger spv20 to the back bank. Still I get drops to 11's at idle on the saz1500d v2 @ .5ohm? Do I need more batts? Or bigger? HO alt isnt really an option. Cant find one fir 03 elantra. I have a remanned 90a to 130a. Actually I have a second alt just like it in the house. Can I run both alts to the front batt?

I have now added a stinger spv20 to the back bank. Still I get drops to 11's at idle on the saz1500d v2 @ .5ohm? Do I need more batts? Or bigger? HO alt isnt really an option. Cant find one fir 03 elantra. I have a remanned 90a to 130a. Actually I have a second alt just like it in the house. Can I run both alts to the front batt?
i would go the alternator route.

I would add the bigger agm in the back and see how voltage is at idle.should be fine but if you play full tilt at idle for longer periods than actully driving you'll probaly want to go with bigger or more alts if you can fit'em

Kinetics are not as good as they appear to be to honest. And what size is your stock alt?

Just curious, with that amp i dont think you should be dipping into the 11s even at .5, but i could be wrong i guess. I ran a Saz2000 at 1 ohm with a stock 100a amp alt, a regular lead acid batt under hood and 1 regular lead acid batt in the bank and still stayed about atleast 12.3 at lowest at idle, thats not really good either but you have a better bank then i did then.

Kinetics are not as good as they appear to be to honest. And what size is your stock alt?
Just curious, with that amp i dont think you should be dipping into the 11s even at .5, but i could be wrong i guess. I ran a Saz2000 at 1 ohm with a stock 100a amp alt, a regular lead acid batt under hood and 1 regular lead acid batt in the bank and still stayed about atleast 12.3 at lowest at idle, thats not really good either but you have a better bank then i did then.
I have a stock 90a alt that was remanned to 130a. I noe have two hc600's in back and still drop ti 11's. I just got a stinger spv20 today so im gonna throw that back there too annd see if it helps. I also have a second 130a remanned alt at home. Been thinking about building a bracket and running it in parallel with the other one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.