Multi amp setup question

Participant count
  • Participant list

rjay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm in the process of changing my system out. I will be running a singe IDMax 10" sub being ran by a JL Audio 500/1v2 amp and my front door components will be ran by a Boston Acoustics GT-275 amp (which puts out 75 watts x 2 ch). I will be getting the 4 gauge Knu Kolossus OFC amp kit and their fused distribution block. Both amps recommend 4 gauge wiring so I was planning on doing 4 ga in and out of the block if that will be okay? Then my other question is what size fuses would be best for this application? I believe the JL recommends atleast a 60a, if that's right? Then also what size would be best for the BA 2 channel amp? My car is a 09 Nissan Sentra with factory electrical and stock battery, if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

you might wanna do 8 gauge out. i don't recommend 4 gauge in and out, I don't think 4 gauge could support it for 2 amps. Either upgrade to 0 gauge for input and have two 4 gauges out, or get the 4 gauge kit and get oversized 8 gauge for outputs. Your amps aren't massive, so just having 4 gauge in and 8 gauge out should be more than adequate. Just make sure it's fused accordingly.

4ga in,and dual 4ga out never opposed an issue for one of my vehicles for over 5 yrs,with a 150a anl inline fuse, and both amps at the distro block fused 60 amps ea.under 1200 watts..no issues at all:)

4ga in,and dual 4ga out never opposed an issue for one of my vehicles for over 5 yrs,with a 150a anl inline fuse, and both amps at the distro block fused 60 amps ea.under 1200 watts..no issues at all:)
If 4ga in and out would be okay then that would be nice, save me from ordering some 8 ga wiring! I believe the inline fuse is 120a so then a 60a fuse at the block, for both amps, would be good for my situation?

If 4ga in and out would be okay then that would be nice, save me from ordering some 8 ga wiring! I believe the inline fuse is 120a so then a 60a fuse at the block, for both amps, would be good for my situation?
Id go min of 125a anl fuse at batt,and use required fusing for the amps,should be /work just fine.Do recommend getting the big 3 done as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.