MTX or FI

I'm willing to bet the BTL will handle a bit more power than the 9500, so it does have that advantage. But the 9500 might be a little more efficient than the BTL. I would grab the BTL for comps and MTX for daily. Or just grab whatever you can find for a cheaper price, pretty sure either one would get plenty loud and make ya happy.

I have a MTX 8500 12 right now and I'm not impressed with it at all. It sound pretty good when I first got it but i'm pretty sure something is wrong with it now cause it sounds like crap. It will still play the low notes ok, but doesn't hit half as hard as it used to and sounds very boomy and annoying. I'm done with MTX for life.

I have a MTX 8500 12 right now and I'm not impressed with it at all. It sound pretty good when I first got it but i'm pretty sure something is wrong with it now cause it sounds like crap. It will still play the low notes ok, but doesn't hit half as hard as it used to and sounds very boomy and annoying. I'm done with MTX for life.
shoulda got the 9500

I have owned both,I rather hated the MTX - unmusical,exagerated bass and very loud

the FI is more natural and realistic - gets loud but not like the MTX which I regard as an

SPL type woofer

not a tough comparison. have any of you used both of these subs?BTL>9500
i havent used both, so i will keep my opinion to my self.

but i will say that ngsm13 has used both as well, off the same amp, and agrees with shortyg83

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.