MT dustcap..will it get warm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bamaboy
5,000+ posts

War Eagle!!!
i had been playing on and off different songs playing with the epic, and i went back to feel the mt and it was regualr room(truck) temp, i go to play some young jeezy onl aboput 25secs of actual bass, then i turned it down to go feel it just to see if it got warm, the dust cap was a little warmer than before, it isnt hot or really warm at all but you could tell it was a little hotter, this is on 16/35 and my gain was set on 21 or 22 i believe, even then it wasnt set to the fullest

people with MT have you ever checked this, i know i wasnt overpowering it because i have a good bit of headroom so clipping shouldnt be set in

HU on +1 for sub and its a clarion so does it get 4v at 0 or +5 for the sub?

and it really wasnt going at it that much

info or am i F****d?

my xxx didnt, but my rlp and av12 would get pretty hot, but they are alumnium cones, while my xxx has an outer dustcap which is a few inches away from the inner dustcap

it dosent smell, but i can feel it is a little hotter than before i didnt know if it was supposed to or not, but the heat has to go somewhere

its not really warm, i just can tell it has some heat on it

when i had some 15"s in a wall daily, id check everyonce in a while just because id get a hint of coil. They'de get pretty hot, no way near as hot as the motor tho.

you should be fine.

when i had some 15"s in a wall daily, id check everyonce in a while just because id get a hint of coil. They'de get pretty hot, no way near as hot as the motor tho.
you should be fine.
seriously you could cook a EGG on that thing after a LIL john song

yea i dont really smell anythying so it is normal though? these arnt hot though so im good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

so rule of thumb im safe as long as i dont smell da coil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and does the motor get hot? ive never played it where i could feel the motor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bamaboy

5,000+ posts
War Eagle!!!
bamaboy
Auburn, Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date