MPG for the win??

hzsogood
5,000+ posts

**The Clean South**
TX/MN
Is it worth trading in a car u love to get a more practical car ( mpg basically ) ? A few ppl might have seen a thread of mine on the new civic vs scion thread, and i was just wondering how many ppl would trade in the vehicle they really like to get one that will save u mucho dinero

Personally i wouldent, and ive gone through a entire tank of gas in a single day.. from completely topped off to where its almost coming out of the nozzle onto the ground, to almost stuttering out, running on fumes, in about a 12 hour or so span just driving around town, no road trips or anything like that

I wouldnt. Unless I was really really really broke. I would probly change my driving habits or get a second job. Take side jobs or sell rocks or something. Before I would just give up my car for something else.

Personally i wouldent, and ive gone through a entire tank of gas in a single day.. from completely topped off to where its almost coming out of the nozzle onto the ground, to almost stuttering out, running on fumes, in about a 12 hour or so span just driving around town, no road trips or anything like that

Soo .. U just drive aimlessly?

yes it is. **** i would

I just bought a brand new car... and 80% of the decision was based on fuel economy.. got a 06 focus... but i would have rather had like a 01-02 caddy or lincon.. or new explorer sport track..

but the mpg pr4wn3d me and i drive a compact.. but at least i can afford to drive the mofo.

well im looking at a new civic si.. I like the exterior of it , but the interior is pathetic compared to mine ( 02 diamante vr-x ) . Even tho its car of the year and gets around 10 mpg more than mine it still seems like im downgrading.. Going from a very nice loaded luxury car to a sub compact plastic rattle trap.. FYI , my diamante has 104,000 miles and a slipping tranny, But the si still catches my eye.. I owe $9,000 the dealer will give me 8... Deal or no deal?

i guess it really depends on how much driving you have to do...i commute 140 miles a day... if i didnt drive so much it wouldnt matter... but to me its like a huge deal.

Having a nice car that kills gas is always better than getting cheap to save gas and money... what do you do with all this extra saved up money anyways? I know for me, I have no bills and only save cash to buy a car, so I'm gonna go all out. But I understand not everyone is in the same situation as me, so I understand why people will trade in a nice car to get a car that's easier on gas.

I would never buy a car based on gas economy. Right now I don't even pay for my own gas, but assuming I did, I'd still want to drive my Jeep Grand Cherokee over any economy car out there. 13mpg really *****, but I'd be dissatisfied with a small car.

OK well to get this out first.. Im not a mama s boy my parents dont pay for my car, insurance , rent, board, food , etc and on... I just want to know what people in " the real world " think about my idea

the only reasons i wanna tradein my car is.. slippin tranny , and 104 k miles..

On the other side ..

I get a new -7 civic ( car of the year ) 06..

10 mpg better

more options for tuning ( etc , as do all imports )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hzsogood

5,000+ posts
**The Clean South**
hzsogood
TX/MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date