mp3s and hertz dont mix...

nbudros
10+ year member

E-THUG
DFW, TX
So I use an Ipod with my IVA-w200, with my hertz space 2way up front and coaxial hertz space in the back, and so many song are horrible bit rates or crackle, but when I use a burned cd its better and when I use a store bought cd its better and dvds sound the clearest...

What the hell am I todo, I have 8000 mp3s and I listen to about 1500 different ones in a week, how can I have mass storage of songs with good quality? re download songs with 256 bitrate? get napster or itunes and buy the music? buy the original cds and rip them at high rates, but only buy the cds I really like?

What is an ADD music lover todo..

Are you using AUX in or Ipod Adapter? Ipod Adaptor is better because it by pass the Ipod DAC. If you use AUX in, you can kiss the SQ good bye, on top of lost of quality due to compression. Use Apple Lossless to store your music, and get the Ipod adaptor.

what you do is stop downloading crappy 64 bitrate or averaged bit rate songs. go buy a CD that you really like, rip it to *.WAV format and then burn that on a DVD.

the compoenents are sensative, and they will let you hear when you are listening to **** quality recordings, or encodings. it has nothing to do with the compoenents.

its got to do with your stupidity for downloading acoustical garbage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I've read some interesting articles over at MaximumPC about this, and they did many subjective tests using good headphones. No one was able to consistently distinguish between 256K VBR MP3's and the original CD. On some tracks where overtones can be heard the best encoder is 'WMA lossless' vs. iTunes lossless, and high bitrate MP3's, but it isn't widely supported.

I use 320K max. VBR MP3's, and they sound great. In a car it would be difficult to tell anyway. Just use a good encoder like Exact Audio Copy (free).

And yes downloaded ones are almost always crap.

What I do is buy almost all cd's i want now (Unless i can't find it i.e.Armin Van Buren) and I burn all songs like rap and pop @ 320. Then for REAL musical stuff, I burn them at Lossless. Then they're some stuff where I only use the cd. BTW, I loved the Spaces, but i couldn't afford them.

what you do is stop downloading crappy 64 bitrate or averaged bit rate songs. go buy a CD that you really like, rip it to *.WAV format and then burn that on a DVD.
the compoenents are sensative, and they will let you hear when you are listening to **** quality recordings, or encodings. it has nothing to do with the compoenents.

its got to do with your stupidity for downloading acoustical garbage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
i like that idea

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.