Moving pictures of Paco's twelve 12" Obsidian's build.

Electrodynamic
10+ year member

Knows nothing
Here's the first video update on Paco's build. We will posting more video's in the up-coming weeks with more progress so stay tuned! Details of the build are mentioned in the video, but key elements are twelve Obsidian Audio 12's in a 4'th order bandpass, two alternators, eight 16 volt batteries, etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Picture of Steven and Paco getting ready to add a little more to the build today. Over Steven's shoulder are all the runs of the flat 3 awg power and ground wire to go from the amp bus bars to the amps and Paco is holding one of the two 4500D's that he will be running. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I will upload a video of the progress in a few minutes after it finishes uploading to YouTube.

Steven_Paco.JPG

We are going to try to play it again after hours. We had a guy "walk two blocks" to ask us to turn it down because he could hear it in his living room earlier.

The camper shell is on it now and a few items have been ironed out (such as one sub wasn't playing and three weren't mounted properly so there were air leaks) since that video. We may throw it on the meter and see how it does. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

prolly getting a 150 for sure. seemes like it anyway. i wish i could do big builds like this. i need a ho alt and cant even afford that lol
I'm doing 149 dB with a single 15" Obsidian, so Paco is WELL into the 150's with this build. It has a NASTY peak in the high 40's that makes you feel like your throat is imploding.

Ok, how about some still pics:

Amps_on_top.JPG

Shell_on.JPG

Foam.JPG

^ Expanding foam expanding.

Tunnel.JPG

How'd that beer get in there?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That's not beer! It's **** water. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice build btw. What is the tuning?

That's not beer! It's **** water. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifNice build btw. What is the tuning?
30 Hz. Paco is going to build a loading wall if the peak doesn't drop during testing tomorrow. The peak was in the high 40's, which is where it hurts, but that was without the camper shell, the gasket, expanding foam, and both doors wide open. We will see how it turns out tomorrow when we put it on the meter.

Just metered it three times and I am very stoked about the result!!!! Keep in mind this is with zero tuning. Just playing as-is with multiple things to be fixed. Video uploading now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.