most abusive genre?

That would depend on the particular passage you're listening to. There is some classical (the exact titles escape me at the moment) that will OWN some drivers with improperly set-up gear.

cause clearly classical music puts less stress on subs than rap/hip-hop.
Not really //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But I see where you're going with the topic...

Rap certainly overemphasizes subbass a lot...as does certain electronica/dance.

cause clearly classical music puts less stress on subs than rap/hip-hop.
So you might think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Most rap/hip-hop is going to have bass mainly in the 33-50hz region...yes, it's loud, but it's fairly high frequencies (as far as bass is concerned).

Classical music will drop down into the teens. Not as much peak output, but more "stressful" and excursion-inducing frequencies (for a given output level). Especially if you have a ported enclosure without a subsonic filter....it shall spell sudden death for your subwoofers.

Classical music will drop down into the teens. Not as much peak output, but more "stressful" and excursion-inducing frequencies (for a given output level). Especially if you have a ported enclosure without a subsonic filter....it shall spell sudden death for your subwoofers.

Such as....

Such as....frequency? Or such as songs?
There are a few songs on my IASCA disc that drop close to or below 20hz. Planet Kryptonite(sp?) I know has an 18hz organ in it.

To most people, no. In the IASCA book that came with the disc, it actually says in there that this note should be felt, not heard.

Anything that is recorded really crappy to start, any MP3 file is a close second, after that anything that is overly saturated in the recording process with enormous amounts of top end or bottom end and then played through a system not set up properly to handle it.

Hardcore gabber stuff is incredibly intense and will create all the nessessary conditions to fry a voice coil.

Its like clipped pink noise with +10 boost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gamemannn

10+ year member
gamemannn
Jackson, MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from