mojo or cm?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ive used almost every wooofer they have made and im not impressed with anyhting they offer.. sorry memphis but alum DOES NOT dissipate heat better.. infact alum will breakdown much faster than copper and has much higher therminal expansion rate over copper..

for powerhandling copper or sliver are better than aluminum.. so is gold but you get the point. even copper plated alumanum doesn't touch the conductivity or heat transfer.. gerenrally the higher conductivity the better therminal conductivity..

with that being said you can get something like a audioque HD3 with the copper coil that will smoke the memphis..

Thanks for the info and I checked out the hd3, good looking sub. I've been out of the scene for several yrs so I don't know anything about audioque so from what I see looks like a good company. That hd3 seems like a monster and I know there are all types of loud, is that sub going to be freaking loud? Only reason I was wanting to go with one sub is so I don't have to add a lot of extra to make sure the voltage supply is there. So with that hd3 12" what amp would u recomend? Thanks again

the copper coil is a bit more efficient and a better daily driver.. the upgraded version uses and much larger ga aluminum coil which is lighter its better for burping and comps..

if you call DJ @ audioque he can help you specifically on what your options are.. while their efficient they really shine with a solid 2000 watts..

honestly if you want something SICK loud with one driver Id suggest you upgraded you wiring and alternator.. do a search on "the big 3"

if i had to recommend something id say do the copper coil with the AQ 2200 they are a excellent match..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.