MOFO 12's and 15's

Jplaya135
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Do either of them work in sealed boxes? I read somewhere that they are reccomended for sealed...but I know you guys no best about this stuff so. BTW I do not have room for ported so im kinda limited. I want to do either 2 12's with 2 1200 watt amps or 1 15" with a 2000 watt amp. Sealed!....Anybody have any opinions or suggestions

1 12 in a ported enclosure will get loud as fu*k.

my ava12 in a 2^3 ported box is ****ed loud at 3/4 gain...and i can only imagine the mofo's...they're intended to get loud.

im sure th 1 12 will be supple

I have a mofo 12 in a 3 cf box ported, it is pretty **** loud, as far as sealing them goes power acoustik does not reccomend it, on the box specs in the owners manual it states n/a for sealing and reccomends 2.5 cf @ 40 hz, the mofos need breathing room

Are the SPL subs made by Power Acoustik? I have been looking everywhere for a MOFO10 with a Dual 1 ohm, and I finally found an SPL sub that looks exactly like the MOFO10. And I read somewhere that they are somehow connected. Whats up? Since the Power Acoustik subs are good (I think), then the SPL subs should be good too, right?

just shut up already. this is one of the many reasons why ca.com *****
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

I myself can vouch that the MOFO12 i had owned and the even louder MOFO15 I presently own are very loud. I have only heard the 10" CVR's in a bandpass so I won't exactly comment on comparisons. SQ wise it's decent. Not top of the line like the XXX or the W7's, but just enough for you to tell the difference betweent he mids and lows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The MOFO isnt much of an SPL sub, but I it can sound decent in the right install. I have never heard the CVRs myself, but I know the MOFO would blow it out of the water when it comes to SPL.

i believe he meant sql or sq... the mofo is purely an spl sub. meant to get loud... but like any other sub, it can sound decent in the right install... all it has to do is produce the lows, it can't sound that bad...

one 12 PORTED would blow your mind... make it fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and let us know your results!

~Kris

I have heard the mofos and the fubr subs and they both get loud as he!! . if I remember right the fubr was sealed the mofo was ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.