Mmmm, Ghetto (but now w/ grilles)

tomd
10+ year member

Montana
Hey guys, just got some grilles finally, need to do up a solid mount pretty soon, and sand and put some bedliner on my box... What do ya think?

ghetto.jpg

The grilles? They are Kicker grilles... i got the G8 model (for 8" subs...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18802&item=3092602941

I bought them from that seller... Ended up being like $35 shipped for the pair.

And BTW: Your box looks awesome! Just now saw it.

Thanks, those grills look good. I don't need grills for my set up, just looking for a friend.

I see you have your RE8s in the rec. 1'' cu. ported. I could only get .5 for both of mine and they are amazing. I have the correct port size and everything for a 35hz. tuned box, but I'm wondering if I'm getting full use from them the way I'm set up.

Anyone can respond if you have a comment about my concern.

Thanks, those grills look good. I don't need grills for my set up, just looking for a friend.I see you have your RE8s in the rec. 1'' cu. ported. I could only get .5 for both of mine and they are amazing. I have the correct port size and everything for a 35hz. tuned box, but I'm wondering if I'm getting full use from them the way I'm set up.

Anyone can respond if you have a comment about my concern.
Well, i don't really know... I built my box like a diagram i got (i think i got it from RE) 1 cube 35hz for the pair. But i'm very impressed, when people ride in my car, never belive that they are 8's until i show them... I do like my friends Magnum D2 better probably, but these are cheap and small, and i'm not a big spender when it comes to car audio... Oh well, enough rambling.

I would really like to know how many RE 8's it would take to pound as hard as a single 15 HC for daily use. I'm just wondering because one day I might get a bunch of RE 8's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I was thinking/wanting to do the same thing BooLean....someone on here has four of them and he said they hit as loud but not as deep as his single 15 HC if i am remembering correctly...

BAsK

I would really like to know how many RE 8's it would take to pound as hard as a single 15 HC for daily use. I'm just wondering because one day I might get a bunch of RE 8's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That would be a Loyd (bigbassman) question. PM him. He should be able to get that # real close.

I was thinking/wanting to do the same thing BooLean....someone on here has four of them and he said they hit as loud but not as deep as his single 15 HC if i am remembering correctly...
BAsK

Are you sure it's not the other way around? Not as loud, but play as deep. RE8 specs. has it being able to play down to 22 hz.

DUPUIS- Bia Bia had said:

I'm sad to say that they're (his 4 re8s) running on a Lightning Audio amp until I get a better one.

I had the 15 HC before. These hit just as low and hit higher. Its tuned at 35hz so they don't get as loud hitting the deep notes. Its quite unbelieveable, I suggest you get them, you will not be unsatisfied.

That is a direct quote from his thread in the general discussion.

BAsK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tomd

10+ year member
tomd
Montana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from