Mmats juggernaut 18s RATE THEM HERE..

eggster
10+ year member

Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

Dish the dirt on the Mmats 18" juggies, what do you guys think? Rate them in performance both SQ and SPL, rate them on retail price, rate them in competitions, and popularity.. Are they overpriced? What popular sub can they be compared to? Fire away!!

sound like hell but they are based off treo and i know the lower end mmats have caption coils which are junk but i dont know what coil these have in it

That bad? I know a lot of people complain they are overpriced, would run them if they were cheaper, too many better subs out there for the money (if paying retail).. Specs are greek to me but they show a sensitivity of 92 DB and an FS of 22HZ.. Would hit deeper with less wattage than comparable subs?

I'm trying to figure out if I should buy them for an SQL setup, need smooth response from 24HZ to 60HZ, even though most music is 36HZ and up, I like being able to quad with the test tones and electronic music.. Running 300 x 2 on 8" midbass from 60 to 200HZ, so all I need is the narrow bandwidth the subs to knock the basement walls down.. I would be replacing a pair of JL12W7s with these subs. Also trying to figure out if anyone might want to buy them for 400 each BNIBs..

Anyone know if these will give me a smooth accurate curve from 22 to 60HZ with quick tight response and no distortion? The point may be moot anyway, don't think I can get a big enough enclosure into the trunk of an 05 mustang.. Hate passing up good deals..

These subs are going up for sale, selling for a friend. $700 for the pair plus shipping.. BNIBs, never powered... Will post to classifieds as soon as I get pics from the owner..

They do hit hard but the sound like ****! I had 2 XXX 15's that sounded better. well there you go i got rid of them and more or likely this is why your friend is getting rid of them! They do good for the people just wanting to make allot of noise nothing more!

sound like hell but they are based off treo and i know the lower end mmats have caption coils which are junk but i dont know what coil these have in it
Actually Treo CXT is based off the mmats juggernaut.John Henry ran I believe 12 15 inch juggernauts in his astro van set the world record that year and later created Treo and based his Treo CXT off the juggernaut.

The juggernauts are a great sub but never really improved over the years.For the cost they are not worth it in my opinion unless you can get one for no more than 450. Compared to the choices you have these days the juggernaut would most likely get beat.The juggernauts get loud don't get me wrong but for the money you can get louder with something else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

eggster

10+ year member
eggster
Boca Raton Fla
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views