Missing anything?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I know what I want with this build so in doing it right from the start. I can't order anything until I find a place to live so I'm just looking at my cart for now.

Ford Sync

JBL MS-8

JL XD1000/5

JL C5s up front active

Factory rears for Bluetooth phone calls only powered off the MS-8 so it might even sound good. Apprently you get echo if you don't have them

JL W6v3 in a low tuned T-Line if it fits. If not a Epic 8 in a T line.

Fatmat on the doors and wherever it's need.

If all you are going to say is JL is overpriced you can skip this post.

Looks like a nice bundle of equipment.

I guess the only thing you are missing is wiring, and maybe big-3 if you think your factory electrical might not be up to the load.

You might want to look into more than just Fat Mat if you want the most out of the install.

I try to follow the recommendations at sounddeadenershowdown.com

Or better yet, read through any of the build logs by user keep_hope_alive for good install tips on a budget.

Looks like a nice bundle of equipment.I guess the only thing you are missing is wiring, and maybe big-3 if you think your factory electrical might not be up to the load.

You might want to look into more than just Fat Mat if you want the most out of the install.

I try to follow the recommendations at sounddeadenershowdown.com

Or better yet, read through any of the build logs by user keep_hope_alive for good install tips on a budget.
I know about deadening. I had very many hours sealing and rattle prevention in the last car.

The Bluetooth echo problem is not solved by the method you suggested. This pdf describes the problem and the workaround. The firmware update is not required if it's an MS-8 built in the last couple of years.http://ms8-eu.jbl.com/installation.html?file=tl_files/content_resources/jbl-ms8/Carkit%20echo%20cancellation%20in%20combination%20with%20time%20delay%20MS.pdf
So with this update would you suggest keeping the stock rears? Sync has occ mode now, I just found it during my 8 hour drive south. It's not terrible but I prefer the stage a but more center. I'm not sure how much it cuts the rears down.

So with this update would you suggest keeping the stock rears? Sync has occ mode now, I just found it during my 8 hour drive south. It's not terrible but I prefer the stage a but more center. I'm not sure how much it cuts the rears down.
The MS-8 FW update and mute button BT fix has nothing to do with the stock speakers. You can leave them in and or upgrade them for better sound. You should not let the factory radio or amplifier power the rear speakers. They will be permanently out of sync with the front speakers and subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.