Mismatching Colors? WTF!!

Hell no don't mix and match. Find out the way to do it properly. You have the vast resources of the interwebz. If that doesn't work do what I told you to do in the earlier post if you still have the piece you cut off

You can either go on the 12volt or google your wiring diagram. If you can't find that buy the wiring harness and plug it in to the piece you cut and match the wires to where they're are plugged in at the harness
I've looked at the wiring diagram but I don't know how it could help because I still don't know which wires match with each other.

I'm sure it does, but bare with me. I'm borderline retarded.

start by giving us your vehicle year make and model maybe someone can find a diagram for you to not eff your cars electrical system

Most likely this>>>

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Brown

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Gray

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

Your aftermarket radio will prolly have the wiring colors listed on top of the unit to match up

Common aftermarket Wiring Colors

Yellow 12V Constant / Memory

Red Switch / Accessory

Black Ground

Blue Antenna Remote

Blue with White Stripe Amplifier Remote Turn-on

Orange with White Stripe Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination

Green Left Rear Speaker (+)

Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)

White Left Front Speaker (+)

White with Black Stripe Left Front Speaker (-)

Purple Right Rear Speaker (+)

Purple with Black Stripe Right Rear Speaker (-)

Gray Right Front Speaker (+)

Gray with Black Stripe Right Front Speaker (-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was saying you didn't have to solder or do anything with the old connector but use it as a reference. If it can't be found online by other members here ( which I highly doubt ) just look at where the old wires are connected to the new wires at the harness, which you would have to buy, and connect wires where the old ones plugged into to the new ones

Meaning when you plug in the old harness to the new harness. Example: if there's a orange wire on the old harness connected to a blue wire on a new harness, connect those two wires.

Most likely this>>>

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Brown

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Gray

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

Your aftermarket radio will prolly have the wiring colors listed on top of the unit to match up

Common aftermarket Wiring Colors

Yellow 12V Constant / Memory

Red Switch / Accessory

Black Ground

Blue Antenna Remote

Blue with White Stripe Amplifier Remote Turn-on

Orange with White Stripe Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination

Green Left Rear Speaker (+)

Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)

White Left Front Speaker (+)

White with Black Stripe Left Front Speaker (-)

Purple Right Rear Speaker (+)

Purple with Black Stripe Right Rear Speaker (-)

Gray Right Front Speaker (+)

Gray with Black Stripe Right Front Speaker (-)
I tried using this, but got confused when it said to use the same wire for two different things. I hooked it all up anyways, and it didn't work. Still, thanks for trying to help.

Meaning when you plug in the old harness to the new harness. Example: if there's a orange wire on the old harness connected to a blue wire on a new harness, connect those two wires.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. I might just have to buy the harness and do that.

Jesus never tell people you cut a harness and tell anyone on this forum theyre all gung ho wiring harness. ive cut all my factory harnesses and have never had a problem. Although i also wall my cars and make them completely resellable ha. But anyway check to make sure you didnt blow your fuse for your radio which you may very well have while cutting the harness and go from them. Grab a multimeter and find your constant 12v source and your switched and wire accordingly. as for the speakers take a AA battery and try different combinations until you hear a crunching noise from a speaker and wire accordingly. That diagram should be correct though check your fuses.

I tried using this, but got confused when it said to use the same wire for two different things. I hooked it all up anyways, and it didn't work. Still, thanks for trying to help.
It isn't telling you to use the same wire for two different things. It is telling you what wires correspond with which wiring.

You would match up the 12V constant for the factory to the 12V constant for the aftermarket unit....and so on.....

Example.....

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange TO Yellow 12V Constant / Memory

1. So First you would wire the Orange from your factory wiring to the Yellow on your aftermarket radio wiring.

You are making this way more difficult than it has to be.

Example Two

2. Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow TO Red Switch / Accessory

So you would wire the yellow wire from your factory wiring to the Red "ignition/Switched 12V" on your aftermarket Head Unit Wiring.

If that doesn't make sense I really don't know how else to explain this to you

I can even see in the picture you posted that the colors seem to be correct.

Also make sure your vehicle is off and if things dont work when you turn the car on try hitting the power button on the radio or checking your ACC fuse for the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xander37

10+ year member
xander37
louisville, ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from