Mirror droop

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
Has anyone come up with a decent solution to rearview mirrors which wind up making you look at the rear seat instead of out the rear window due to the bass vibrations? Mine is a little heavier due to a bunch of electronics being in it, so it can be really annoying when it's already bottomed out after one song.

I had the electronic one and I swapped it out with a non electronic one and put silicone on the joint once aimed and it did the trick and stays in place. Course the bass vibrates it still so you cant really see out of if till you turn it down but at least your not fumbling with mirror to see if police are behind you lol.

Lucky you stil have one. I had the heavy electronic one and the glue let go of it while I was driving. I installed new glue and followed all instructions and didn't play bass for 24 hours. After that time I started playing, and not even an hour passed before it fell again, only this time it brought a chunk of glass with it, so now theres a quater-sized opening in the windshield. Thank God it didn't go all the way through

LMAO about the police. I was thinking about silicone myself, but wasn't too sure it would work. Guess I'll give that a shot!
I tried with electronic mirror and it wouldn't hold for long before silicone broke loose. I would carefully aim it and put Jb weld on it or go to wrecking yard and get non electronic one, it weighs alot less.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.