Mint Alpine DVA-9965 - Check This Unit Out!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

us3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
Item(s) for Sale:

Mint Alpine DVA-9965

FREE KCA-420i iPod Adapter

FREE long Ai-NET Cable

FREE Insured Shipping

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Hello

This was Alpines Flagship Single Din DVD unit several years ago. (no screen, no amp, off line power supply, TOTAL SQ!) It retailed for $1600 and uses some of the same electronics as their F1 line. (please see the links below for the Owners Manual and Spec's, too many to list)

The unit is in Mint Condition and has only been in one install. (please see pics) 6 months ago, something came loose inside the unit. I sent it back to Alpine and they Reassembled the DVD Clamper and Checked Out The Whole Unit. (paid $105 for the service) I tried to downgrade and replace this unit with an Alpine CDA-9835 with the same exact EQ, XO and TA settings but it just didn't "Sound" the same.. This is an outstanding unit and I'll be sad to see it go.

I'll include a KCA-420i iPod Adapter and long Ai-NET Cable with the unit for FREE.

I'll also offer FREE INSURED SHIPPING with Very Secure Packaging.

Everything will be shipped Very Secure with "Double" Alpine Factory Packaging and Boxes. The package will ship UPS Ground with Insurance.

I'll offer a Better Deal for a Local Pick Up in San Diego!!

$600 OR BEST OFFER SHIPPED

Here is a link to the Owners Manual:

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

A Crutchfield link for some quick info:

Alpine DVA-9965 DVD/CD player with MP3/WMA playback at Crutchfield.com

DVD/CD player

fold-down, detachable face with vivid BioLite display

GlideTouch control strip

plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, DVD-Rs, and DVD-RWs

Quick Search lets you scroll through files and folders

built-in HD Radio tuner

Bass Engine Pro

6-channel time correction

6-position high-/low-pass crossover

9-band parametric equalizer

subwoofer level and phase control

MediaXpander

iPersonalize lets you download audio settings from Alpine's website via CD-R

XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready

controls an Alpine CD/DVD changer

video output

dual-zone mode — listen to radio (or any external source) up front while DVD plays in rear zone

4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs

optical digital output for connecting an optional surround-sound processor

Amplifier Link — can control up to twelve Alpine V12 external amps

MaxTuner AM/FM tuner

wireless remote

DVD signal-to-noise: ratio 115 dB

FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf

Price:

I'll offer a Better Deal for a Local Pick Up in San Diego!!

$600 OR BEST OFFER SHIPPED

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

FREE INSURED SHIPPING with Very Secure Packaging

Everything will be shipped Very Secure with "Double" Alpine Factory Packaging and Boxes. The package will ship UPS Ground with Insurance.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

dva1.jpg

dva3.jpg

dva4.jpg

dva5.jpg

dva6.jpg

dva7.jpg

dva8.jpg

dva9.jpg

Tempting. This would be easier than sending my 9835 to Matt Roberts and have it modded. and would def be an upgrade from my w200
Hi

What mod can be done to the CDA-9835 to make it like the DVA-9965 ? They are 2 totally different HU's internally. (not really the same at all)

Thanks for the interest and I'm interested to hear about the mod. Please let me know.

Matt

Oh I know they are nowhere near the same. I would just have it to where there would be an optical out on the 9835(provided he can). Your deck is far superior to the 9835 even if the 9835 had optical. Your cd transport alone makes this deck then factor in all the other goods it has to offer

Hi
What mod can be done to the CDA-9835 to make it like the DVA-9965 ? They are 2 totally different HU's internally. (not really the same at all)

Thanks for the interest and I'm interested to hear about the mod. Please let me know.

Matt
Matt Roberts changes the pots and such and removes unneeded things like AM/FM. He takes a good SQ deck and turns it into an absolute monster.

Oh I know they are nowhere near the same. I would just have it to where there would be an optical out on the 9835(provided he can). Your deck is far superior to the 9835 even if the 9835 had optical. Your cd transport alone makes this deck then factor in all the other goods it has to offer

Matt Roberts changes the pots and such and removes unneeded things like AM/FM. He takes a good SQ deck and turns it into an absolute monster.
Ah got it, thanks guys

I was wondering how someone was going to turn a CD HU into a DVD.

I would still think that this unit would be better than a modded CD player.

Thanks again for the info guys

Matt

Hi

I'm taking offers on this unit with accessories.

Please let me know if there is any interest.

Thanks

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...