milenko = one of the worst people to do business with

PV Audio
5,000+ posts

The Vision of Sound
Indy
ok so this all started well over a month ago. so he hires me to build him a box for a sx. he is rushing me to have it finished by a certain date, while he isn't even sending payment. so he's trying to get it early, but without payment....so i finish the box without telling him that it is finished and ask where the payment is. he said he'll overnight a mail order since somehow paypal got messed up for him. so i wait and wait, and after a week or two past the due date, i put it up for sale without posting negative feedback for him since i figured he'd gotten wrapped up in something else.

so about a day or two after i have someone mildly interested in the box, milenko comes out of the woodwork angry that i am selling HIS box to someone else, as though he owns it. so i go back with him trying to get payment. from another member, i figure out that he vanished to have surgery without telling me or giving me any form of contact information. I actually got a phone number from someone that was also ripped off at the same time who happens to be an elderly woman rather than him. so i send a pm and wait a week and i get a vague response saying "payment soon".

so i'm gettin kinda annoyed at this point, we're three weeks into this heel dragging and i could have sold the box to someone that actually wanted it. ok, i send countless pms and emails while chatting with someone and i get the idea to make a fake name and PM him. responds the same day. amazing, no? so then i say:

I also wanted to let you know that I am actually growing tired of this cat and mouse game. People on the forum contact you with no problems, but why can't you contact me with details? You wanted something done by a certain time, but didn't send payment. I have the item, but you disappear for two weeks getting your hand operated on. Now that you are back, I have sent you pms and you don't answer. If I don't have payment by sunday at midnight, the box is going for sale. I have business to do, and cannot waste any more time. Thank you.

-Dave

he responds by saying that i'm a prick:

alright man, be a prick about this and end up with no money and a box for nothing...it doesnt really matter to me...have some **** compassion for a situation, I am never on anymore a reason...

give me your paypal address

mind you this is over a month AFTER he said that he wanted HIS box, but without payment and without telling me he was going anywhere. so i say:

And I think that I am hardly a prick about the situation first off. I tried to make it work, but I never got the money. You COULD have told me that you were having surgery before hand, and even there after i was worried something happened to you. I could have posted neg. feedback anytime and not looked back. I waited and emailed and PMed you and you came back without even telling me what had happened and why you were gone. I had to ask someone else why. So before you think that I'm inconsiderate, look at the situation.

-Dave

Now i'm a nice guy since i didn't call him out the first time because i assumed he was just looking at something else. so now i know that he's not legit and shouldn't be trusted for any services. There is another member on here who was also ripped off (the inverse of the situation, he traded without getting his side of the deal i believe). So this goes to show it that:

a. post count means nothing

b. join date means nothing

and that you need to look for true references (not just names in a sig) when trying to get something out of someone.

-Dave

*edit* money order was the down payment which was supposed to be sent out BEFORE i cut the wood, which never happened. i figured that i'd build it since i had already bought the sheet of wood and i'd sell it, so i didn't take a loss on this one.

Moral of the story?

Don't cut one piece of MDF until you have a downpayment from your buyer. At least 25%, preferably half of the finished cost.

Moral of the story?
Don't cut one piece of MDF until you have a downpayment from your buyer. At least 25%, preferably half of the finished cost.
Quite true, however, he didn't know i had even started it which is how i know that he was ****in me all along //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So, if I'm understanding you correctly...

He hasn't sent any payment. Therefore, he hasn't bought jack ****. So he has no legal claims on anything.

I would tell him to stuff it, send payment within seven business days or the box is sold. 'Nuff said.

The guy who is built my 2A3 amp required a 50% downpayment before a single piece of metal got cut. He went over the lead time by about a month, but I know and he knows he's not getting the rest of his money until that amp lands on my doorstep.

Why don't you just sell it to the other buyer? I would've stopped trying to deal with him a long time ago, like Jim said just give him a deadline and enforce it this time.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly...
He hasn't sent any payment. Therefore, he hasn't bought jack ****. So he has no legal claims on anything.

I would tell him to stuff it, send payment within seven business days or the box is sold. 'Nuff said.

The guy who is built my 2A3 amp required a 50% downpayment before a single piece of metal got cut. He went over the lead time by about a month, but I know and he knows he's not getting the rest of his money until that amp lands on my doorstep.
no he didnt buy anything, but has the audacity to be angry at me for selling HIS box to someone that is willing to pay upfront and then gets mad at me because i like to end business deals before 2 months time. the sunday reference on there is this past sunday, box is up for sale locally and have a buyer possibly by this weekend (a few interested), so as i said, i didn't take a hit at all since i already had the materials, but he is a dickhead to do business with. unlike my other experience with people on here (many (7-8) good), if there is a problem, t here is communication.

Why don't you just sell it to the other buyer? I would've stopped trying to deal with him a long time ago, like Jim said just give him a deadline and enforce it this time.
someone is already going to buy it, as i said, i didn't take a loss on this one, just saying that he's horrible to do any transaction with.

^^ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

^^ i figured that since he'd been here so long he'd be legit..........apparently not.

dont build till you get full payment man...
If they had tons of refs I might start building early if they had to put money in their paypal account and needed the sub asap.

However I agree most times I wouldnt start the box without at least a down payment. Tis a big ass box to be sitting around waiting for someone who needs it and is willing to pay whatever you may feel it is worth.

If they had tons of refs I might start building early if they had to put money in their paypal account and needed the sub asap. However I agree most times I wouldnt start the box without at least a down payment. Tis a big ass box to be sitting around waiting for someone who needs it and is willing to pay whatever you may feel it is worth.
100% correct in this situation. he'd been here FOREVER and was pretty much a well known guy on here, which is why i trusted him.

100% correct in this situation. he'd been here FOREVER and was pretty much a well known guy on here, which is why i trusted him.

can't trust anybody by post count and join time alone. i've got scammed by a dude with 2700 posts so it means ****. get feedback and check refs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

PV Audio

5,000+ posts
The Vision of Sound
PV Audio
Indy
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies