Might be a stupid question.

If that come loose from whatever you have it hooked on it could spark up and boom,,, cars on fire.. I worked the fire dept on base a few years ago. I seen more than one fire caused by improper audio hook ups

most parts of the engine are plastic already.. as long as you keep it closer to the firewall and its away from the fans and not near the headers it should be ok.. make sure theres no slack and you got a good connection. If theres another way i wouldnt but if you must kjust keep it away from moving parts and the headers

I'm left with very few options. I have to run the wire through the driver side and the battery is on the passenger side. In the picture it shows the power wire hanging on top of the engine so it's not touching anything. I didn't want to have to buy a longer power wire, but for safety, I might have to and run the wire across below the windshield wipers under the hood.

Run it across in the inside and bring it through the firewall on the passenger side?
You could do that.

I don't think having it secured in one spot while being loose over the engine is a good idea. You should really tuck it away and have it secured in several places before you pass the firewall(unless the run is short).

I couldn't find a way through the passenger side. Reading through some of the other post, everyone has had to drill through the firewall to get to the battery on Ford's. I guess that's still an option. I don't think i'm going to have to enough power wire for my current set up. I might have to look at installing the amp under the passenger seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.